DLA entitlements

high mobility and care. kidley

my sister runs me around in a car if you really need to know. its nice to have a little priority for her, makes me feel less of a burden. mike 84

In that case your sister is perfectly entitled to apply for free car tax to run you about.

A car paid for by DLA is free however you want to explain it. Saying it is not is the same false argument as saying that people recieving thousands of pounds of housing benefit aren't really recieving it because it goes straight to their landlord, forgetting that working people have to pay their landlord as well.

If you get higher rate mobility and have a minimum of 12 months entitlement then you can opt to get a motability car (not a free car). Your insurance, tax, servicing etc are also all paid for by your allowance so it is certianly not free. But beware !! Once you park your motability car on your drive the curtains will start twitching and tongues fueled by the ugly green monster will start wagging. ;)

I get the same level of dla as you I have a scooter on motobility; it costs about a third of my dla every month and it means I get out to the shop occasionally.It is for 5 years then I can have another one or a car but a car woul take most of my mobility component.Also I dont feel well enough to drive.Sorry i meant 3 years.I have a carer my son, as I am limited to what I can do.I believe you can get a blue badge and your driver is entitled to a lot of help with the car tax and other things i think.I must say if anyone is talking about me I don't know but All the neighbours have tried to help me and go to the shop for me and are very good....it perhaps does folk good to see someone struggling all the time.Anyway I have paid plenty in in the past!I hope this helps look into the car thing because it wiuld be a big financial help. Maz.

You get a free car, free parking, free bus travel, meals on wheels, carers to get you up and put you to bed, free car servicing and insurance, crutches, wheelchair, free council tax, rent, someone to walk your dogs, cut your grass, free prescriptions, ra di da di da....

But your neighbours and friends talk about you behind your back but never talk to you any more, you get an occasional brick through the window, scratches on your beautiful new car, then the DWP investigate you and charge you with fraud on a technicality, The Sun and Sheffield Star run articles about you, and you get depressed, suicidal, and lose everything.

Sorry but you need to be warned.

You don't get a free car, you would only get that if you get DLA high Rate Mobility, then you give up your payment each week to pay for the car; so its not free.

You only get help with Council Tax if you get minimum of DLA Care Middle Rate, then its just a reduction. You DON'T GET FREE PRESCRIPTIONS, I get DLA & pay for mine, of which its should be £94.80 a month. I prefer to pay £10.40 per month for a pre pay prescription card, which; you renew yearly.

It has just cost me £800.00 for a bed, and £900.00 for a mobility scooter so hardly bloody free, plus I pay my own mortgage every month.

If you get DLA high rate mobility, you can apply for a blue badge that you can use in the car you travel in, I'm in process of getting one. I hope I can go back to work soon but it's looking less likely.

If the OP needs any more info please feel free to PM me I'll do my best to help.

Pete

Mind I'll give them all up just to be healthy again, just wish people would know what they are on about before they post.

Edited by Bypassblade
To correct a word used in error

Off topic arguments have been removed. Please try and stick to the subject.

Thanks.

In that case your sister is perfectly entitled to apply for free car tax to run you about.

Thats another reason by dad decided against opting for the mobility scheme. I already got my own car which I use my personal use. The one from mobility can ONLY be used for my dad benefit. So its pointless joining the scheme as the car will be mostly parked up in the street and I will have to continue using my own. Also its cheaper for him to pay me for the diesel fuel when I take him out. I could of applied for the free road tax but I decided against it as its only would result in a £30 year saving per year and my car will have to be only be used for my dad's benefit.

It all depends on individual circumstances. For some people the mobility scheme will be suitable for others its not. I'm the the later category.

Edited by moooo

Yes Moo I see your point but my mates mum has a motobility car but her daughter drives it.She is her mums carer but lives 5 miles away.She gets tax iunsurance and car and tyres and a fuel allowance but has to drive the car alk over as she is always out and about doing things for her and her mum.

\Her mum does not get out much because she feels awful a lot but my mate is back and forth every day seeing to her.But of course if there is only a few times this forum member goes in her sisters car its easier to pay fore a bit of fuel.My mate fetches prescriptions and shopping and most things but she did go into the pros and cons before her mum got the car. Maz.