Park Hill and Urban Splash Megathread

i loved our flat on park hill early 90 they are in a really good place parking not that good though and once someone stole our whole windscreen from our car! that was one to remember.. we was at the top too near clay flats

hmm further to my last post i jsut saw http://www.urbansplash.co.uk/park-hill/23-long-henry-street/buy

so its about 120k leasehold + service charges for a 2 bed flat . that sort of money ill stick to a semi detached 3 bed free hold house

For £120K, you're house will likely be on an estate overrun with chav's burning your car, threatening you in the street, breaking your windows and intimidating you.

It'll have a small garden, and have poor transport links. It won't have secure parking.

For £120K, you get a spacious flat over 2 levels in an excellent location for working in town or commuting. Your front door entrance will be closed off to the general public and you'll get a secure car parking space.

I'd rather have the flat.

Its a listed building, so maybe you are restricted on what you can or cant do.

the flats look great and start at 90K, I'd be tempted if I could afford a mortgage

For £120K, you're house will likely be on an estate overrun with chav's burning your car, threatening you in the street, breaking your windows and intimidating you.

It'll have a small garden, and have poor transport links. It won't have secure parking.

For £120K, you get a spacious flat over 2 levels in an excellent location for working in town or commuting. Your front door entrance will be closed off to the general public and you'll get a secure car parking space.

I'd rather have the flat.

Are some of the flats over two levels??

I think all of them are over 2 floors, even the 1 bedrooms have hallway/stairs that you go into then down , or up. Brilliant views depending on the side you live on but they are dual aspect I think

Are some of the flats over two levels??

Half of them are, ripsaw, as that was how the blocks were built. (although, technically, because you can go both up and down- depending on the flat- from the entrance level, you could say that ALL the flats are on two levels.)

If I was buying my first place again then I'd seriously consider them after having a look round.

i just cant see the attraction of the outside communal type areas and the location tbh, no matter how nice the flats are done up internally. its going to need a major turn around to stun people for this to work long term imho. be interesting to see how this pans out.

All flats except the corner ones (and these are much larger) are on two floors, you go down stairs for one beds and upstairs for two beds. All flats are dual aspect too with a view over both town and towards Hyde Park.

the views over sheffield were always good, that wont have changed.

Yeah I was up there last week and the views were out of this world. the best thing was that it was totally silent in the flat but open the balcony door and the noise of the city fills the background, I quite like that & if I lived there could happily sit out on the balcony all day watching the World go by.

Yeah I was up there last week and the views were out of this world. the best thing was that it was totally silent in the flat but open the balcony door and the noise of the city fills the background, I quite like that & if I lived there could happily sit out on the balcony all day watching the World go by.

When I lived in my place, on the biggest block on Hyde Park, it overlooked Commercial Street and the Hole in the road, at the front, and the Parkway/ towards Rotherham at the back.

When I couldn't sleep (something I have suffered most of my life) I loved to just look through the window, and chill out, watching the lights of the city, twinkling.

I found it very soothing. it's something I miss where I live now, having no "vista"