Park Hill and Urban Splash Megathread

I love these flats, but there's no way I'd ever buy one just because of the area they're in. It's just not a pretty place at all.

Not only that, but there's a chance you'd pay £130k+ for a flat and end up with less than savoury neighbours due to the amount of Housing Association properties there are going to be - not to mention the buy-to-let brigade who are going to be snapping these up and renting them out to anybody with a DSS allowance.

Buying a house anywhere can be a gamble, but this looks a particularly big one - especially if you want to move, the flats drop in value and you end up stuck in negative equity.

Edited by Rob_1

160K PER FLAT????!!!!????

You must have got that wrong love.

I wish I had luv! :o

And to think it only cost £2million to build the entire complex back in the day.

I love these flats, but there's no way I'd ever buy one just because of the area they're in. It's just not a pretty place at all.

me too I love Park Hill and think the regenration work so far looks amazing, however the immediate surrounding area isn't all that bad, of course the Wybourn has its moments but its roads and thoroughfare routes are disconnected from Park Hill, if I had the money i'd definitley buy one.

I went to the open day last year and the build quality, windows, layout the finish inside and out is top spec.

I did read somewhere how many had actually been sold but alas I cannot find it

however, have a read of "Park Hill: 1000 Rooms with a View" its a blog by Urban Splash.

Personally I would have liked to have seen it taken down brick by brick, crushed and become a

celebrated and critically acclaimed stretch of motorway.

http://www.urbansplash.co.uk/blog/

The majority of the first lot have been sold to a housing association. Very very very expensive social housing that has had some cladding fitted to it at a cost of £160k per flat, already having received some £40millions of public subsidy.

If you look online, they are being sold for a lot less than the figure you mentioned.

And I bet you the housing association have not paid anywhere near the asking price per unit.

Edited by Agent Orange

I did read somewhere how many had actually been sold but alas I cannot find it

however, have a read of "Park Hill: 1000 Rooms with a View" its a blog by Urban Splash.

Personally I would have liked to have seen it taken down brick by brick, crushed and become a

celebrated and critically acclaimed stretch of motorway.

http://www.urbansplash.co.uk/blog/

http://www.thestar.co.uk/community/thrilling-progress-of-sheffield-s-park-hill-project-1-4632276

PARK Hill’s first residents are set to move in by the end of this year - two years behind the original schedule.

But the founder of regeneration company Urban Splash, which is behind the development, has hit back at critics and pledged the massive project will be completed ‘according to plan’.

Tom Bloxham, chairman of the company, spoke during a visit to meet Adam Jackson, the first person to buy one of the new flats which are up for sale at £90,000.

He said: “We have sold 45 of the 78 flats in the first phase, 19 of which have been reserved by private residents and 26 as housing association properties. That’s more than half of the properties sold when we are about half way through the sales period.

“Park Hill will progress according to plan and will be a great success. I am pleased with the thrilling progress to date.”

Mr Bloxham said he could not speculate whether the anticipated completion date of 2016 for the entire complex - already a year later than originally proposed - would be met.

But he added: “We are in a difficult economic environment. If I had some magic fairy dust, I could get the economy moving but things are uncertain.”

The £146 million redevelopment of Park Hill has divided opinions in Sheffield partly due to the £40 million of taxpayers’ money needed to get the first phase started.

Flats must then sell for Urban Splash to be able to obtain funding for the remaining four phases, which will create a total of 874 homes.

Mr Jackson, aged 25, said: “I work in the city centre and the location is very important to me. People should trust Urban Splash - what they’ve done so far has been brilliant.”

The Park Hill Regeneration is obviously going to be a long term project. Need a TESCO and a bar or two because there isn't a lot up City Road these days. Have they sorted out the bridge link yet? I think the amphitheatre [?] on the hillside is interesting.

Mr Jackson, aged 25, said: “I work in the city centre and the location is very important to me. People should trust Urban Splash - what they’ve done so far has been brilliant.”

Yeah, because it's not like there are loads of buses to the city centre from all over Sheffield is it.

How many parking spaces are there at PH?

Yeah, because it's not like there are loads of buses to the city centre from all over Sheffield is it.

How many parking spaces are there at PH?

Enough currently for SHU staff to have a comfy lifestyle :D

So has anybody bought one and for how much?