Park Hill and Urban Splash Megathread

So has anybody bought one and for how much?

I'd like to know how much the HA's paid.

Handy for city centre, Norfolk park and train station. Bang on views I'd love one...

However, can't help thinking the scumbags would inevitably drag it down, sorry Sheffield!

Having looked at these flats on Rightmove they look very nice on the inside and the average price per square metre is good but ultimately it's a choice between a £120,000 flat (on Park Hill!) or a house in a nice area with a garden.

You'd have to really like living in a flat to choose the Urban Splash property.

The service charge and the probable depreciation is what puts me off, because I love the development otherwise and the views and apartments were stunning when I went to the show flats.

i ride past them on a regular basis and all of a sudden one day there were loads of sold signs on windows, is this just a sales ploy as they wern't there the day before, i find it hard to believe that someone would pay 120k to have a view of an incinerator chimney so close

Having looked at these flats on Rightmove they look very nice on the inside and the average price per square metre is good but ultimately it's a choice between a £120,000 flat (on Park Hill!) or a house in a nice area with a garden.

You'd have to really like living in a flat to choose the Urban Splash property.

You have just compared an apple to an orange.

i ride past them on a regular basis and all of a sudden one day there were loads of sold signs on windows, is this just a sales ploy as they wern't there the day before, i find it hard to believe that someone would pay 120k to have a view of an incinerator chimney so close

I agree. I would never pay 120k to live in one of those. You've got to be absolutely desperate to ive in the city cente. They look worse than Nelson Mandella House from the outside and the area they are in is somewhat 'undesirable'. I think it was shortsighted of them to think they could use terms like urban-splash, decorate them in modern, minimListic fashions and expect this to attract young professionals to live in what used to be one of the wors areas of Sheffield and is still not far behind.

I've just drawn Park Hill ... what do you think? :)

It's good, but I can't see anybody smoking weed! So I think your picture is meant to be a humorous one?

any coments from anybody that has brought one or moved in ?

I think it was a very nice idea that has been very poorly executed. Had the whole lot been done and developed in one go it would be great. part completed means works ongoing for years, a large amount going to a housing association is going to bring back what they worked to get rid of.

love the look of them but no way i'd buy one!