Sheffield taxi driver left blind in one eye after being attacked

Not heard anything regarding this, not even in the Star.

My partner has confirmed that it was a City taxi driver that was attacked and that he has lost an eye.

It is truelly awful apparently some people should not be allowed out on the streets.

My partner has confirmed that it was a City taxi driver that was attacked and that he has lost an eye.

It is truelly awful apparently some people should not be allowed out on the streets.

Terrible if true, did you get a name?

Also notice how a thread has barely anyone contributing to it for such a serious violent crime although if someone had been overcharged by 30p there would be 500 posts etc, in my opinion of course.

Can anybody actually confirm it has any relation to the pub?

Nothing wrong with the pub,its not too long been cleaned up

Great atmosphere,

but bad area,

I hope the driver is going to be OK and the police catch the scum that did this !

JJ..

Nothing wrong with the pub,its not too long been cleaned up

Great atmosphere,

but bad area,

I hope the driver is going to be OK and the police catch the scum that did this !

JJ..

Thats what I mean does it actually relate to the pub.....

Someone got knocked over outside my house once and road was closed. Just because it was outside my house it was related to my property.......

I was in that pub on 7th july for my parents golden wedding anniversary and we hired the room where they do the meals and we had a good nite the buffet was really nice hot and cold food the staff was brillant and its nice and clean.so no probems with the pub or staff at all.

anyone with any more news on the taxi driver that was attacked.

I am really surprised that this is not front page news on the Star.

A man lost his eye in an unprovoked attack!

I am really surprised that this is not front page news on the Star.

I'm not, the damn paper's useless.

Star report here........http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/taxi-driver-loses-sight-in-one-eye-after-attack-1-4760812

The attacker had been drinking in the pub beforehand.

I'm not, the damn paper's useless.

It's in the star tonight on line version not seen the printed one yet

It got confirmed to me today in person, the driver only asked him to drink his bottle in case he spilt it, the yob reacted angrily to this, he then smashed the bottle and stabbed him in the eye, the Taxi Driver has now lost his eye, how and why someone would do that just shows what cowards we live next too, he'll probably get a light sentence and will be in the pub again in a few months time.