Sheffield taxi driver left blind in one eye after being attacked

There is another article in today's Star:

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/our-lives-ruined-attacked-sheffield-taxi-driver-left-blind-in-one-eye-1-4762625

THE WIFE and children of a Sheffield taxi driver blinded in one eye after an unprovoked assault said the attack had ‘ruined his life.’

Arshad Mahmood, aged 40, of Nether Edge, was struck in the face with a bottle on Fox Hill Road, Birley Carr, after telling a customer he was not allowed to drink alcohol in his cab.

The married dad-of-three was taken to hospital for an operation but doctors failed to save the sight in his right eye.

Speaking exclusively to The Star, his wife Arsheed Mahmood said: “I haven’t been able to sleep since. Normal life has stopped, our world has been turned upside down.

“This is an injury which has ruined my husband’s life.”

Whoever did this should be behind bars. If anyone has any information please speak to the police.

ive heard that the person arrested was actually from stannington and not foxhill

Hopefully this will be seen as attempted murder.

Terrible if true, did you get a name?

Also notice how a thread has barely anyone contributing to it for such a serious violent crime although if someone had been overcharged by 30p there would be 500 posts etc, in my opinion of course.

I will give you a clue, the victim is a muslim.

I will give you a clue, the victim is a muslim.

Shouldn't mean a thing mate, I very much doubt a hardworking man would be over looked by some scrote just because of his race, we don't live in 1980s South Africa.

On a side note do you drive a Merc?

"Also notice how a thread has barely anyone contributing to it for such a serious violent crime"

Alcohol is a factor in nearly half of all violent crimes..

24-hour boozing...thanks to Labour...“Don’t give a XXXX for last orders – vote Labour for extra time.”

responsible drinking ? now its dangerous...Broken Britain

Another thing...there is NO law and order...the guy who done it will be let of lightly :]

Edited by MT2010

Another thing...there is NO law and order...the guy who done it will be let of lightly :)

Did you add the smiley face in error? :( would surely be more appropriate?

"Also notice how a thread has barely anyone contributing to it for such a serious violent crime"

24-hour boozing...thanks to Labour...“Don’t give a XXXX for last orders – vote Labour for extra time.”

One thing I do agree with in your post are the amount of crimes related issues in this country that are directly linked to alcohol, however, it would be naive to lay the blame with Labour when they introduced the 24 hours drinking policy, most places don't even do 24 hour drinking because there is just no need (demand).

This incident was fueled by Alcohol though, that is obvious and it happened around 11pm at night, maybe he had been in there for most of the day? some people cannot handle Alcohol.

The Fox pub, has always had a bad reputation though, it has changed hands about 3 or 4 times in as many years to my knowledge and in an attempt to clear the old image renamed it the Fox and Hounds I do believe they were also doing Poker competitions there too however I doubt they will get many Taxis wanting to pick up from there in future after this, having said that I've never had a bad fare from there in terms of Idiots, but out of respect for the driver that could of been Killed, I wont be going there again.

Another thing...there is NO law and order...the guy who done it will be let of lightly :]

24hr Boozing works in other countries it's the English nutters that don't know how to drink, It has ruined this blokes life i agree with the post above when they catch him i hope he gets charged with attempted murder

Edited by kidley

Did you add the smiley face in error? :( would surely be more appropriate?

a smiley face doesn't always mean happy

however I doubt they will get many Taxis wanting to pick up from there in future after this, having said that I've never had a bad fare from there in terms of Idiots, but out of respect for the driver that could of been Killed, I wont be going there again.

Coming up from London....there are lots of NO GO areas for pick ups....so yes these places should come with a serious health warning...brave cabbi and hope he pulls through it and the law get it right.....judge being on the ball :]

Edited by Andy
Fixed quote tags

Shouldn't mean a thing mate, I very much doubt a hardworking man would be over looked by some scrote just because of his race, we don't live in 1980s South Africa.

On a side note do you drive a Merc?

I'm not saying he was attacked due to his race I'm saying lack of posts on this thread because he is a muslim imo.

Yes I do drive a Merc. :)