Smoking In Peace Gardens

SHOULD PART OF THE PEACE GARDENS BE MADE SMOKE FREE.  

153 members have voted

1. 1. SHOULD PART OF THE PEACE GARDENS BE MADE SMOKE FREE.

• Yes it would be a good idea to make PARTS OF the gardens a smoke free zone..
    • No the Peace Gardens are fine as they are.

It's called comparison old lad,sorry I never realised that the poor old smokers were on trial, sorry I though this was a forum not a court of law.

I suppose you are judge, jury and executioner, PLEASE DON'T HURT YOURSELF WHEN YOU FALL OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE

What I have noticed is also on other posts is that anyone who disagrees with you, has a weak point, must be great you being so socially, morally & ethically, superior to us mere mortals MY ARSE :rant::rant:

And yet another one who needs to make personal attacks just because someone doesn't agree with smoking.

There are some good compassionate smokers out there, and I pity them when the majority of smokers are angry ranters like yourself and make them all look bad.

What I am saying is that car fumes are far more detrimental to the environment that tobacco smoke. You have probably lost your sense of smell from breathing in dangerous fumes from your exhaust pipe.

Dont forget the cows :hihi:Beef eaters should be banned too.

I'd rather sit next to a smoker than someone with garlic breath, curry farts or stale body odour, they are far more offensive but I wouldn't go to such lengths as make a thread about it.

Get a grip Forumosaurus, yours is a ridiculous and over hyped bandwagon to ride on.

BRILLIANT!!!! By far the best post on this ridiculous thread by a long mile! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'd rather sit next to a smoker than someone with garlic breath, curry farts or stale body odour, they are far more offensive but I wouldn't go to such lengths as make a thread about it.

Get a grip Forumosaurus, yours is a ridiculous and over hyped bandwagon to ride on.

None of those things can actually damage your health though, unlike 2nd hand smoke.

Considering smokers claim that its supposed to relax them, there's certainly an unbalanced amount of hate and rage coming from their side!

The other week, I sat down on a bench in town to dig my cigs out of my bag and light up, and have a little drink before moving on. An old man came and sat next to me, so I stood up and turned around, before lighting up. He asked me to sit back down :| I said no, its ok, I'm going anyway, and he asked me again to sit down, as he had quit smoking, and he would like to smell it for a moment, it was the strangest experience I have ever had :hihi:

Eating is a natural activity, smoking isn't. The two aren't really comparable.

So is farting, bad breath and sweating a completely natural phenomena. But people still do that and that's highly offensive.

I wonder. To the smokers on here. Do you deliberately waft your cigarette smoke in the direction of the non-smokers? Do you purposely try to offend them? (That's assuming you know who 'they' are. Cos they might also be smokers who just havn't lit up yet!)

Simpler question to smokers.......

why?

When a 20 a day addiction costs near enough £3000 a year.

Wouldn't you prefer to go on a nice holiday instead?

Considering smokers claim that its supposed to relax them, there's certainly an unbalanced amount of hate and rage coming from their side!

No more than some of the earlier posts on here, where smokers were accused of stinking etc......

I expect smokers are just a bit sick of people moaning and whinging and constantly being told when and where they can smoke. Now it's even open spaces!!!!

It's the holier than though, I'm better then you, I'm a saint because I don't smoke attitude that gets right on their wick!

Simpler question to smokers.......

why?

When a 20 a day addiction costs near enough £3000 a year.

Wouldn't you prefer to go on a nice holiday instead?

I'd get your calculator out again!....£3 grand?

A nice holiday...yep that's right, pollute the air with some aviation fumes on the way, not gorgetting to bring back some duty frees!

I'd get your calculator out again!....£3 grand?

A nice holiday...yep that's right, pollute the air with some aviation fumes on the way, not gorgetting to bring back some duty frees!

Average price for 20 = £7.47

(£7.47 * 7)*52 = £2719.18

As I said near enough £3000 a year

Money to burn.....:)