I shall raise my next pint to him.

RIP

RIP Dave, as many have said, he vistually invented (or re-invented) the real ale boom, great bloke, his lad played in the same sunday team as mine as kids, and he was Blade.

RIP

Oh wow, that is sad news. A pioneer if ever there was one.

Dave was a giant who took on the major breweries and beat them. When he bought the Fat Cat, in poor condition, in the middle of nowhere and surrounded by closing factories, people thought he was mad. Well he showed them, introducing many thousands of people to the joys of great real ales and becoming a legend in the process. R.I.P.

Was raising an excellent glass of Kelham Island beer to him last night in the Dronfield Arms myself as it happens! Beer was called Atomic Blondie.

And me...Heres to Dave...Hic Burrp

The Godfather of Sheffield Ale....you've left a fantastic legacy.

Read loads of tributes on different media. RIP Dave, you left a legacy.

Very sad to hear Dave had passed away. Never met him, but enjoyed plenty of nights in the pub and beers from the brewery. In fact all of us who enjoy a night out down Kelham owe Dave a great deal. He blazed a trail with the Fat Cat, that brought in customers and encouraged everyone else in the area. Let's hope the breweries are planning something to celebrate his life. It would be nice to see all the Sheffield breweries get together and brew different beers in his honour. Something like "Wicketts Best" from one, "Wicketts Pale Ale" from another etc. with a contribution from the sale of each pint going to Cancer research.

I'd drink to that.

Very sad to hear Dave had passed away. Never met him, but enjoyed plenty of nights in the pub and beers from the brewery. In fact all of us who enjoy a night out down Kelham owe Dave a great deal. He blazed a trail with the Fat Cat, that brought in customers and encouraged everyone else in the area. Let's hope the breweries are planning something to celebrate his life. It would be nice to see all the Sheffield breweries get together and brew different beers in his honour. Something like "Wicketts Best" from one, "Wicketts Pale Ale" from another etc. with a contribution from the sale of each pint going to Cancer research.

I'd drink to that.

Thats a great idea....Up for that in a big way. Dave would love it if we did sommat for him, especialy if it was for cancer research...I am involved with CAMRA here in Dronfield. I feel a plan coming on strong

Thats a great idea....Up for that in a big way. Dave would love it if we did sommat for him, especialy if it was for cancer research...I am involved with CAMRA here in Dronfield. I feel a plan coming on strong

Were we at the same CAMRA meeting last week?