Novels set in Sheffield

I have just read the first chapter, and was very moved by it. Is it your family Linnet?

I will have another look later and expect I will buy it, not least because I support the British Legion. They helped my mum when she needed it.

Thank you for your kind words Minimo yes it is, and I have to admit to shedding a few tears whilst writing, please continue and take advantage of the first few chapters I don't think you will be disappointed. I feel that anyone that has/had grandparents/parents that lived through either wars equally have a story to tell. It is a Sheffield story which includes the Buffers, steelworks and our unique olde city. Enjoy please and delighted to hear you already support the Legion, may their work continue.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. It certainly does look like there are a lot more than I first thought. To keep it more manageable I will to stick to novels, but thanks for the biography etc. ideas anyway. The latest review is of an unusual novel: Our Human Constitution by Anthony Ward which follows three generations starting with a mining family in Attercliffe in the 1920s. Still can't make up my mind properly about it: http://stevek1889.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/sheffield-novels.html

I remember reading this book years ago. I could not remember the title or I would have suggested it.

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't Linnet, simply because it is on my list at Amazon. I didn't want to spoil it! I will be ordering it next month.

(I have to limit myself to so many per month to keep the numbers down to a manageable level. I am a real bookaholic)

Daven

Thank you so much for your feedback and thank you again for coming that day and buying it was my launch day and I was quite nervous about it. So pleased you enjoyed the story, do I take it you are from Sheffield - could you picture your way around the city in the book, and more important did you shed a tear?

Best wishes

L