Sheffield dog bites horror delivering political leaflets

There is a serious and dangerous, situation that appears to be local to Sheffield.

Leaflet posters are suffering serious and disfiguring injuries from innocently posting political leaflets in to households.

Dogs are biting their fingers as they post the leaflets, with reports of three leaflet posters sustaining serious injury while performing their duties.

I'm shocked and stunned that this is allowed to happen to people in todays modern society, but it begs the question are these people suitably trained and experienced in posting leaflets, are postmen and paper boys and girls subject to the same risks and put in harms way in the same conditions.

If the same injuries are sustained upon postmen and paper delivery people why isn't it a national problem that should be highlighted and the risk minimised to prevent reoccurence.

If this was a company three injuries sustained in such a short period doing the same operation would be subject to a thorough and indepth investigation by the Health and safety executive.

My heartfelt sympathy goes out to the party representatives who have suffered from this atrocious situation and would hope they are seeking recompense from there repective parties for putting them in a situation of high risk and such a hazardous environment.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/sheffield-dog-bites-horror-delivering-political-leaflets-1-4504934

could you not just do everybody a favour and NOT post leaflets in the first place? i'd really appreciate it. would make my dog's day a little less exciting though...

could you not just do everybody a favour and NOT post leaflets in the first place? i'd really appreciate it. would make my dog's day a little less exciting though...

very funny. its an election:loopy:

of course you do, because you have fallen into the apathy plan of the political parties.

tell you what, try reading some of these leaflets and then try telling me that they're not utter junk.

and seeing as they're utter junk i would rather not have them appear.

There is a serious and dangerous, situation that appears to be local to Sheffield.

Leaflet posters are suffering serious and disfiguring injuries from innocently posting political leaflets in to households.

Dogs are biting their fingers as they post the leaflets, with reports of three leaflet posters sustaining serious injury while performing their duties.

I'm shocked and stunned that this is allowed to happen to people in todays modern society, but it begs the question are these people suitably trained and experienced in posting leaflets, are postmen and paper boys and girls subject to the same risks and put in harms way in the same conditions.

If the same injuries are sustained upon postmen and paper delivery people why isn't it a national problem that should be highlighted and the risk minimised to prevent reoccurence.

If this was a company three injuries sustained in such a short period doing the same operation would be subject to a thorough and indepth investigation by the Health and safety executive.

My heartfelt sympathy goes out to the party representatives who have suffered from this atrocious situation and would hope they are seeking recompense from there repective parties for putting them in a situation of high risk and such a hazardous environment.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/sheffield-dog-bites-horror-delivering-political-leaflets-1-4504934

Not purely a problem in Sheffield; an easy solution would be for householders to fit a metal hood-shaped guard over the inside of the letterbox to prevent the dog getting within about 6 inches of it. All flats in the block I am in have these, although ironically tenants here are not allowed to keep dogs...;)

tell you what, try reading some of these leaflets and then try telling me that they're not utter junk.

and seeing as they're utter junk i would rather not have them appear.

They want us to think that. They want us poor and uneducated. Docile in a word. Get angry and vote for anyone but the big three. Only by doing this will you see change. BY not voting we give them a free pass.

If you are going to remove my response to off-topic allegations of illiteracy then please also remove the moderators' spam.

I understand that the moderators may be embarrassed when they are shown to be bickering over spelling and subsequently shown to be mistaken, however it is grossly unfair to misuse moderation powers to remove my post whereby I illustrate that I used the correct spelling, and leave the off-topic smart-alec posts that attempted to make me look foolish.

To clear things up, just deserts are when one gets what one deserves, and not what one 'desserves'