Ridiculous queues at Woodseats Sorting Office

Old thread same issue I absolutely dread the not in card as the queues are ridiculous at virtually anytime I go down.

Old thread same issue I absolutely dread the not in card as the queues are ridiculous at virtually anytime I go down.

I thought you were going to say you'd been stuck in the queue since 2012 :)

I thought you were going to say you'd been stuck in the queue since 2012 :)

lol feels like it sometimes!

I need to collect something from the Hillsborough sorting office on occasion and it's often busy (I can't really get there any other day but Saturday) but not too bad.

For everybody in this (old) thread slating the Post Office for the queuing, perhaps their storage system could be better organised to speed up the process, but what exactly do you want them to do to prevent a large amount of people all deciding to turn up at the same time?

I don't think it's a issue of 'a large number of people turning up at the same time' it's more a steady flow of people but there is ALWAYS a queue which suggests a problem with their system.

I have tried going at different times of the day and it's always the same. My longest wait was around 20 minutes which is unacceptable.

Exactly its certainly not a case of sometimes being busy there is always a queue its just a case of how long.Most of the time it spills out down the pathway.

It has always been like this at Christmas but now its all year round and on any day.

I do not blame the staff behind the counter its not their fault and they are always courteous and helpful with me.

Maybe longer opening hours might be a help especially since they have closed the Ecclesall office and the extra customers that has caused.

Edited by Fudbeer

I agree - the staff are always polite - they must get a lot of stick from the public.

The Stockbridge post office staff are very good the post woman even carries dog treats and knows our dog by name.

Picking up a parcel only takes minutes .

Do what I do. I never go and que up. Just get the item re-delivered on a day you know you/somebody else is going to be in. Just go on the RM website, very easy to do.

Wouldn't work here. Even though we are in they always deliver everything next door where they are out all day, so she just delivers our mail to us along with the card which obviously states, we were out when they tried to deliver.

If you prefer not to wait, you could have it redelivered to your address, to someone else's address (as stated above), or for a small fee to your local post office.

Explained here: https://www.royalmail.com/personal/receiving-mail/redelivery/

Do any posties know why the wait is so long at this one sorting office? In Totley/Dore there was never a wait. But agree, the staff at Woodseats always seem nice and patient

---------- Post added 02-10-2018 at 15:46 ----------

(Just checked, fee for delivery to local post office is 70p)

The Stockbridge post office staff are very good the post woman even carries dog treats and knows our dog by name.

Picking up a parcel only takes minutes .

I think that's because Sheffield has only 3 sorting offices for half a million people.

Stocksbridge PO only deals with a population of about 20,000.

I think that's because Sheffield has only 3 sorting offices for half a million people.

Stocksbridge PO only deals with a population of about 20,000.

You might want to check your facts on that statement.