Who should run for Sheffield's Mayor?

Sheffield is a backwater stuck in the 30s.

It's a Labour stronghold because the majority of voters rely on state handouts for their booze, fags and nappies.

Those who have nothing - because it hasn't been given them - detest those who have something - despite or because they got off their backsides to get it.

So, who would make a good mayor?

Who gives a ****? Just keep me in fags, ale and diapers.

Somebody who wants to run a £1.5-billion organisation for £40 grand a year, and get showered with approbrium every day.

Realistically its a retired business person. Anyone who has an existing business wouldnt want to take the pay cut.

Realistically its a retired business person. Anyone who has an existing business wouldnt want to take the pay cut.

Perhaps somebody who isn't in business might not use money as their first criterion for taking the job?

Brendan Ingle. Loves the city. Understands youth. Knows the value of hard work and volunteering in the community. A champion for sport and healthy living. I suspect he is quite wealthy so will be quite adept at handling large budgets, but I'd also imagine be thrifty too.

Perhaps somebody who isn't in business might not use money as their first criterion for taking the job?

Where fore art thou person?

Don't we have enough career politicians and councillors? Have you seen the damage they are doing and have done to us for the last 25 years?