Steets of Sheffield paved with holes!

I have just returned from visiting relatives in Australia for the winter.

I am glad to be back in my home city.

How I have missed the charming potholed roads and speed bumped streets!

sheffields rubbish for its potholes there evry were

Even the roads in Death Valley are better than Sheffield roads. No joke!

I'm sure if you went on every city forum across the UK they'd be saying the same thing about their own city.

I'm sure if you went on every city forum across the UK they'd be saying the same thing about their own city.

Obviously they haven't driven in Sheffield then

Not so!!

In the four months I've been here I haven't seen one pot hole of any significance. That's Cardiff, Newport, and Swansea....Neath....and a few others.

I have just returned from visiting relatives in Australia for the winter.

I am glad to be back in my home city.

How I have missed the charming potholed roads and speed bumped streets!

Really?

You couldn't find the other threads on this subject and just add to one of those?

Wow!

I wonder how many more of these threads there will be. Seem to be every other day that one is started up. Everyone knows the roads are awful, even the council and the government hence there will be a scheme worth £2 billion to try to sort them all out.

I wonder how many more of these threads there will be. Seem to be every other day that one is started up. Everyone knows the roads are awful, even the council and the government hence there will be a scheme worth £2 billion to try to sort them all out.

Ahhh! Another fund for them to skim off.

Whilst the roads get patched up instead of repaired properly.

just been watching workmen patching holes in rotherham near to ulley res, they just put a couple of shovel fulls of tarmac into the hole then drove on, no tapping it down or anything. it will need doing again next week, shody workmanship is to blame a lot of the time. i think they need to protect their jobs, so they make sure they have plenty to do by filling one hole and missing out the next half dozen or so then fill another one, at this rate it could go on forever.