Gay marriage - 'shameful'?

It is what a man and woman can do but a same sex couple cannot therefore proving a massive difference between the 2 different groups.

Well duh that's obvious but so what? Doesn't mean they shouldn't be allowed to get married in a church if that's what they both want..

Why don't you want gays to get married though?

As quoted many times they do not fit the criteria for marriage.

They fit the criteria for civil partnerships.

I am not against anyone entering into a union together.

As quoted many times they do not fit the criteria for marriage.

They fit the criteria for civil partnerships.

No, we understand why same sex couples cannot currently marry, we are discussing changing the criteria. So if the criteria was changed then you'd accept the marriages?

Again for the last time.

If a man could marry a man but a woman could not marry a woman that would be discrimination.

The only person who's mentioned men being allowed to marry men but women not not being allowed to marry women is you - stop it with the straw men arguments, they fool no one.

Same gender, different rights.

So it is discriminatory then.

Where the difference lies is that this cannot be aligned to people of different gender, man and woman. A basic difference is that a man and woman can reproduce whereas the same sex couple cannot.

Infertile heterosexual couples cannot reproduce - if you are claiming it's about ability to reproduce you would prevent them from marrying.

Well duh that's obvious but so what? Doesn't mean they shouldn't be allowed to get married in a church if that's what they both want..

Can you understand there is a criteria for a couple entering into marriage and that is they are man and woman.

No matter how much certain people do not like this it does not change it.

As quoted many times they do not fit the criteria for marriage.They fit the criteria for civil partnerships.

Then lets change the criteria. Why don't you want that to happen?

You are against gay people entering into the union of marriage - and therefore you're contradicting yourself.

Can you understand there is a criteria for a couple entering into marriage and that is they are man and woman.

We understand there is a currently applied criteria that prevents same sex couples from marrying. We also realise that that is just a social construct and can be changed.

No, we understand why same sex couples cannot currently marry, we are discussing changing the criteria. So if the criteria was changed then you'd accept the marriages?

If the criteria was changed then it would have to be accepted.

I do not beleive the criteria should be changed though as stated before there are differences between hetrosexual and homosexual couples.

A partnership between same and different sex couples is not the same because of the basic gender differences therefore they should be recognised differently.

Each form of partnership equal.

No, but changing the law to allow it does. Why don't you want to let gay people marry?

No, but changing the law to allow it does. Why don't you want to let gay people marry?

See above.

If the criteria was changed then it would have to be accepted.

I do not beleive the criteria should be changed though

Why not?

as stated before there are differences between hetrosexual and homosexual couples.

That isn't a reason not to let gay couples marry any more than the fact that black and white couples are 'different' isn't a reason not to let them marry

A partnership between same and different sex couples is not the same because of the basic gender differences therefore they should be recognised differently.

Why should they?

See above.

Doesn't answer the question. I think you must think that gays don't deserve the same rights as heterosexuals, or are less valid human beings or somesuch. I can't find any other rational explanation for your objection.