Fuel prices MEGATHREAD

Thanks for the website. I've just put a tenner in at my local 106.9! Going to go to Asda tomorrow and fill up properly at 102.9!

It's not always bang up to date but generally still cheaper than £106.

Worth remembering that different branches of the same chain charge different amounts too.

It's not always bang up to date but generally still cheaper than £106.

Worth remembering that different branches of the same chain charge different amounts too.

Lets assume you have a ten gallon tank, by my reckoning you would be saving less than £2, is it worth going out of your way for £2, that’s less than half a gallon.

If it's a minor rebuke to the hig prices then yes, if you have to fill up often - yes again!

To some people £2.00 is a big deal.

I used to run my first car on a strict budget of £8.00 a week.

I heard it was now $103 a barrel so no good news ahead looks like it for motorists- me included! :(

Not much that can be done- someone once suggested boycotting the likes of BP and Esso as they were like a cartel, but it would not work just like that. Price is dictated by the $ and also with the huge demand for crude oil by likes of China and India.

My first car was a Mini, a proper Mini not a German one, I used to but a fiver a week in it, unfortunately that was nearly 30 years ago.

Blimey, I'm on about my Peugeot 1.1 and only 7 years ago :)

It used to run on a teaspoon and I loved it :)

The thing that annoys me is that HMRC recently carried out a review of their 11p per mile figure for companies to pay to staff with company cars for business journeys and decided it did not need to be increased!:loopy:

With current fuel prices I need to average around 45mpg in order to run my car at 11p per mile. This is just about possible if I drive at 60 on the motorway, but doing urban driving around Sheffield I can only do about 35mpg maximum. It's currently costing me money out of my own pocket for the privilege of doing my job and the HMRC see fit to do nothing about it.

Reading between the lines. most of the transport drivers in the fuel depot protests were not forced into that position by the price of fuel, they were there because the large hauliers were pricing the smaller ones out of business.

If you check the companion pieces to the headlines of those times you will find that there is no momentum for protests against the fuel prices due to fuel tax, because fuel has never been so cheap when it is compared to the cost of living and inflation this is more true today than it was in 2000 or 2007.

we will not see fuel protests agin because they did not achieve what they were meant to. Since then we have suffered increases in road tax and very low increase in fuel. In my view this is completely the wrong way around.

I'm quite surprised nothings been done. This foul and abusive government really has had its day, they've screwed people so hard that theres very little left to take. Surely they can't win another election? Surely nobody is stupid enough to vote for them again?

Well, it was labour who abandoned the fuel tax escalator which put in place of course by the tories.

The British love to not grumble, unlike the French we like to lay on the floor with 'walk on me' written on our arses.

It is best summed up by the Fawlty Towers scene where the family complain about the rotten food until Basil walks up and asks how everything is and they reply that its lovely. Pathetic people deserve to suffer.

Archived