Fuel prices MEGATHREAD

I don't think anything needs to be done really.

Just sit back and enjoy the show, the economy is wrecked thanks to our "prudent" PM /Ex Chancellor. Watch him yap about credit crunches etc.

The economy will not survive with our low interest rates and high inflation (2.1%! - who honestly believes that has any reflection on reality!). :loopy:

Seriously though, if it keeps going as it is, petrol will be the least of your worries. Putting food on the table for the average family will be difficult.

• 1 month later...
For crying out loud, water is an infinite and plentiful resource, YET COSTS MORE TO BUY THAN FUEL PER LITRE.

Petrol/diesel is cheap in my opinion.

So you are using the wrong shop, CoOp 39p per 2 Litre bottle, Tesco 59p per 2 Litre bottle, please let me know where I can get fuel at under 30p a litre, because today it cost me £1.19 per litre that is 89p more than water.

That is the UK price or are you talking about other countries, please let me know

So you are using the wrong shop, CoOp 39p per 2 Litre bottle, Tesco 59p per 2 Litre bottle, please let me know where I can get fuel at under 30p a litre, because today it cost me £1.19 per litre that is 89p more than water.

That is the UK price or are you talking about other countries, please let me know

Well done, you googled some cheap bottled water.

My point was that you can still pay MORE for water than you do for fuel, yet there isn't a national uproar about it like there is about the fuel "crisis".

For crying out loud, water is an infinite and plentiful resource, YET COSTS MORE TO BUY THAN FUEL PER LITRE.

Does it? I can't remember the actual figures a household uses in a day - ah 150 litres a day according to the Environment Agency:

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/yourenv/eff/1190084/people_lifestyles/household/?version=1&lang=_e

but I don't get charged £150 a day by my water company.

And lets not forget that water isn't taxed heavily by the government. Take off the tax and petrol is very cheap.

Exactly,we have the highest fuel tax in europe i think,i can't understand anyone saying they thing fuel is cheap,i just don't get it.