Fuel prices MEGATHREAD

i drove past tesco here in glasgow and it was 94.9 p :D

It needed to come down purely because of the economics of it, demand and supply... as I suspected it has now dropped 5p a litre from when I originally posted.

With regards to Forex Chris, you're quite right, I didn't factor this in. This is why I think we won't see much more beyond 95p a litre now. Maybe a couple of pence if we're lucky. There's been a serious run on the Pound in the last few days...

And under Cameron's 'bright' idea, petrol would cost at least 5p or 10p more per litre.

What bright idea? Linky please ;)

Fuel and utility prices are the biggest con. They always go up very quickly in line with crude oil but never come down as quickly. Someone out there is certainly laughing all the way to the bank and has no worries about any impending recession.

i dont think its just the oil companys fault though. Look at how much the goverment is charging tax on petrol (Forgot what it is ATM so apologies). To the OP - i agree, needs to come down, especially compared with the price of petrol in the states

I don't suppose that you'd like to reconsider your opinion on the oil companies, especially in the light of the recently published profit figures for BP for the last Qtr, £6.4 Billion in three months !! (more than double the year before)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7694508.stm

What bright idea? Linky please ;)

Do you remember Cameron and Osborne saying they'd reduce duty if the price of petrol went up, and increase duty if the price of petrol fell? The price of petrol has been falling considerably lately, from around £1.18 per litre when they came up with this Baldrick-like idea, to 97p a litre - or less. Would you still like to see duty go up according to their plans? No wonder they don't mention this not-so-bright idea now, because they hope we've all forgotten this opportunist gimmick.

the cheapest place in sheffield to buy diesel is a place down on newhall road industrial estate, bio fuels uk or something like that they are called , i found them yesterday on my way to meadowhall, they were at 1.05 for their diesel, they also sold bio-diesel, which was 95p a litre, i didn't try any , i saw loads of cars filling up with the bio while i was there so it must be ok, might give a try next time, has anyone else tried it?

After the slow 1p per litre per week rise a couple of weeks ago, fuel seems to be coming down again.

I can't speak for petrol, but diesel rose to 99.9p per litre a fortnight ago and has just dropped again today to 96.9p

Hurrah! :)

I feel it is going back up again slowly for petrol.

Yes - I've noticed that petrol appears to have gone up a few p per litre whilst diesel had certainly stood still at 99.9 for some time round here.

If the gap narrows any more I'll consider getting a diesel again.

India is one of the most expensive country as far as petrol and diesel prices are concerned. Then why do the Petro companies advertise? Fuel is an essential commodity. No one fuels a car by watching the advertisement but they only see the Fuel-indicator. If the indicator shows decline, you rush to nearest fuel ststion.