Big Fat Whopping Lies!

I went to a wedding recently, and the new girlfriend of one of my friends said that her grandfather was the chairman of Derby County F.C. and she could get us a box at the FA Cup final.

I find it quite sad that as an adult she needs to lie to impress people.

We had a lad at school that used to come out with some real whoppers - that he caught a dolphin in the canal while fishing, or that his dad's van had a Porsche engine, and the River Rother bridge at Woodhouse Mill had spinning blades under it to chop up rubbish.

I had a friend at school who used to pretend to have a dog when she didn't, she used to say it was out being walked every time I went to her house, even late at night etc :confused: Why do kids come out with these random things?!

Someone I used to work with and who was constantly "ill" had a day off after he had been "savaged by a rottweiler". He didn't have a mark on him.

That's coz Rotties do the damage with their stare :D

An adult neighbour once told me that he had once "broke every single bone in his body", all at once, when he came off his motor bike.

Once, when I was complaining about the amount of washing I had to do, and said "It's like painting the Forth Bridge, you never get to the end of it" - he said he had once painted the Forth Bridge, along with a couple of mates, and it didn't take him very long at all!!!

I once told a bloke i was a woman when i was dressed up... i shall leave the rest for you to imagine, hehe ;)

Someone that i know has an enormous library at home complete with the ladders that slide around the room :hihi:

Same person also has a massive garden complete with swimming pool (google earth tells lies you know) and his dad owns all the classic cars that are in the television program Heartbeat :hihi:

I have a feeling that quite a few people may recognise these lies and be howling :D

N

My next door neighbour used to swear a Golden Eagle swooped down and took a Sparrow right in front of him once. We were all amateur twitchers so he would have known the difference even if he had seen a Sparrow Hawk.

He would not have it, it had to be a Golden Eagle :loopy:

I once told all my school friends my dad was a millionaire who sold motorbikes and i had my own 500cc field bike and we lived in a 25 bedroom mansion when i was about 12 and they believed me the amount of "best" friends i suddenly gained were surprising.

I once told all my friends im spanish and once told them my dad was a muslim.