Just visited Scarborough- what a dump!

Give it the same weather and it would be no worse than any where else in the world, probably better than most ....

I love all that part of the world.Scarborough,Whitby,Filey and Brid.All little changed and full of charm.Love the victorian bits..

Scarboro is great as long as you stay away from the sea front....

I like the East Coast, I like Whitby, Sandsend, Staiths which is so beautiful, Robin Hoods Bay, so quaint and rugged. I like Bridlington too but it is a while since I went to Scarborough, my borther, sister in law, MrC and myself went for a weekend and stayed at the Grand Hotel and it was dire, our room was cold and smelled of cabbage, the food was awful and the entertainment well one night it was Roger deCoursey and Nookie Bear!!! I have heard it has undergone major refurbishement since then but it was needed.

I do actually fancy going to the open air theatre there that they have spend all that money bringing back into use. I imagine it would be lovely on a warm evening sitting there listening to some beautiful music.

I go there three times a year, I stay north side but the Cities, Sheff Roth etc

have moved a load of unemployed, there they stay in the run down properties

supping cans with raggs over the windows for curtains, shoplifters and beggars galore,hey buddy can you spare a dime.

I like the East Coast, I like Whitby, Sandsend, Staiths which is so beautiful, Robin Hoods Bay, so quaint and rugged. I like Bridlington too but it is a while since I went to Scarborough, my borther, sister in law, MrC and myself went for a weekend and stayed at the Grand Hotel and it was dire, our room was cold and smelled of cabbage, the food was awful and the entertainment well one night it was Roger deCoursey and Nookie Bear!!! I have heard it has undergone major refurbishement since then but it was needed.

I do actually fancy going to the open air theatre there that they have spend all that money bringing back into use. I imagine it would be lovely on a warm evening sitting there listening to some beautiful music.

I stayed at the grand about 2 mionths ago,still needs a lot doing to it but for the money it was a bargain really.

If you do go to Scarborough, don't be fooled into staying at the Travelodge opposite the Grand Hotel, its even worse than the Grand! £13 for 24hr parking as there is no car park, freezing cold rooms, , stunk of cigarettes, seagull sh*t on the net curtains .... I can only describe it as a hostel!

I heard that from a friend who went a month or so ago and my cousin has booked a weekend there from tomorrow and got double room with breakfast for £25 a night for the two of them.

I hope they like walking in the snow!!

:hihi:

I love all that part of the world.Scarborough,Whitby,Filey and Brid.All little changed and full of charm.Love the victorian bits..

course the last time u went to Whitby was with James Heriot(spelling):hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

You went to Scarborough in Jan / Feb,and thought it was a dump, what no shops open, looked run down, I bet the beach was deserted too, and not a Punch & Judy show to be seen.

That's what I was thinking. Try the harbour area in July. About 6pm, with the pavement bars packed and the tide in, the atmosphere is brilliant. Nothing wrong with it. I think we put our resorts down too much.

If you go to Whitby, try the Goth Weekend, it is the most fantastic weekend. We are not Goths but we have been three times the atmosphere is brilliant, the costumes worn by both men and women are absolutely stunning and all the pubs and shops are decked out accordingly.

There is also the Regatta Weekend which is great as well, makes a lovely weekend away or even a day out.

i live in scarborough i moved from sheffield thats a doump as far beggers and drunks i dont know were thay were and the sea frount is open all year round you should come on boxing day