Piracy student from Sheffield can be extradited to US

The mood here seems pretty much one minded.

So, how do we set up a petition the government must act upon?

or has someone done so and it was totally ignored?

Threads merged

I hope the little smartass is extradited and put on trial. I would hate the thought of someone streaming off anything that was my intellectual property while they profited from it and I lost out.

So would the rest of you. So enough of the humbug, hypocrisy and bulls**t.

O'Dwyer is a common thief, nothing more,nothing less. If he's not extradited then he should be made to pay back all the money he illegally made by the UK authorities

I hope the little smartass is extradited and put on trial. I would hate the thought of someone streaming off anything that was my intellectual property while they profited from it and I lost out.

O'Dwyer is a common thief, nothing more,nothing less. If he's not extradited then he should be made to pay back all the money he illegally made by the UK authorities

So by your reckoning they should shut down google.Isn`t that exactly what google does...post links to different sites and not host the content themselves or am i missing something.

So by your reckoning they should shut down google.Isn`t that exactly what google does...post links to different sites and not host the content themselves or am i missing something.

You cant watch a pirated movie on google can you? The article accuses O'Dwyer of streaming movies and TV shows

Edited by Harleyman

You cant watch a pirated movie on google can you? The article accuses O'Dwyer of streaming movies and TV shows

He's not - he's aggregating links to TV shows. His site does not contain, nor stream any material at all. It is simply a directory of available resources. It's quicker than Google for finding a TV show you want to watch - that's all.

INTERPRETATION

"Omg, not another anti-American thread".

C'mon harleyman, you don't really care that much do you?

He hosted links to other sites just like google does.

He isn`t breaking any laws in England where he lives and breathes.Just because Americans cry he shouldn't be flown to America to face anything.Are they going to fly Libyans out there for murders committed in Libya as well?.No because it doesn't suit their corporate interests.They disgust me.If it involves money they are all over it like a sack of the proverbial.Its time to move with the times.

The judge in this case probably cant even use a computer.The technical details flew over his head.

As Englishmen are we going to start having to learn all the US laws?Land of the free?Americans are not even allowed to play poker on the internet.

It`s a dictatorship nothing more.

Rant over:rolleyes:

He could get 10 years, according to the BBC.

Also in the news today: the guy who buried his girlfriend alive in a cardboard box got 20 years, but could get out after 10.

God bless Americans.

But he didn't stream anything, didn't steal anything, didn't break any UK laws and his actions were carried out in the UK .

None of this was in America or used American based technology.

Why should the arrogant US of Arseholes be able to apply their laws to the UK?

He's not - he's aggregating links to TV shows. His site does not contain, nor stream any material at all. It is simply a directory of available resources. It's quicker than Google for finding a TV show you want to watch - that's all.

The article says quote "he hosts links to pirated films and TV shows" which means he is doing this without the permission of the owners of this entertainment.

How would you like it if you wrote a best selling novel and then found out that you could get on O'Dwyers link and see your novel available for free reading online?

It's not a fallacy that piracy costs us all. Maybe when these people on this thread end up paying more and more for their DVDs or paying ever higher rates for cable or satellite TV then they'll get their heads out of their asses and realize there's more involved to all this than just posting their usual little anti-yank diatrebs

Edited by Harleyman