Farmers shooting dogs

And you know that for certain? You can predict exactly how the dog is going to react?

Funny that because when my dogs hear loud bangs they run and hide...

Yes as unlike most morons who spot crap on the internet, I have used firearms in defence against wild animals.

If you are going to do it, you need to aim in front of the animal with a flash bank, or animal flare.

Yes as unlike most morons who spot crap on the internet, I have used firearms in defence against wild animals.

If you are going to do it, you need to aim in front of the animal with a flash bank, or animal flare.

I can believe that, however, a domesticated dog is not a wild animal.....

whats a 15 month old timberland ? what breed I mean ?
I know most dogs and hadn't heard of it - so I Googled - and came up with zero for timberland as a breed.

Unless it's either exceedingly rare, or has only been invented in the last few minutes, it seems that there is no such breed.

Which makes one wonder whether the OP is a fanciful tale . . . . . .

The OP, if he is the originator of the e-petition exists.

He is identifiable, and his village is also.

He has denied by PM that he lives in a place as small as the one I think he's in but has yet to confirm where he lives.

So much of this thread covers so many of the realities of Internet Forums (Fora?).

It is very easy to speak of something of which you know little.

It is very easy to speak without reading earlier contributions.

It is easy to speak without understanding and accepting earlier contributions.

Very few know whether we are discussing with a 12 year old or an 82 year old.

Whilst I repeat that I think it is OK for the OP to ask for the existing laws to be reviewed ....

Isn't it fanciful to think that Acts of parliament are enacted without due recognition and debate of many of the issues that new posters posit?

Generations of farmers and dog owners know well what happens with given animals in given circumstances.

The fact that you may love, with all your heart, your own particular descendant from a wolf does not confer any rights to damage anyone else's livelihood or property.

If you want to have a life with a dog ... accept that responsibilities come with it.

Ask for change by all means, but stop trying to defend the indefensible.

The OP, if he is the originator of the e-petition exists.

He is identifiable, and his village is also.

He has denied by PM that he lives in a place as small as the one I think he's in but has yet to confirm where he lives.

So much of this thread covers so many of the realities of Internet Forums (Fora?).

It is very easy to speak of something of which you know little.

It is very easy to speak without reading earlier contributions.

It is easy to speak without understanding and accepting earlier contributions.

Very few know whether we are discussing with a 12 year old or an 82 year old.

Whilst I repeat that I think it is OK for the OP to ask for the existing laws to be reviewed ....

Isn't it fanciful to think that Acts of parliament are enacted without due recognition and debate of many of the issues that new posters posit?

Generations of farmers and dog owners know well what happens with given animals in given circumstances.

The fact that you may love, with all your heart, your own particular descendant from a wolf does not confer any rights to damage anyone else's livelihood or property.

If you want to have a life with a dog ... accept that responsibilities come with it.

Ask for change by all means, but stop trying to defend the indefensible.

Well said. Now is it case closed ?