Ignorant people parking in disabled parking spaces.

The thing that annoys me most are able bodied people who park in disabled parking spaces, this is some thing I never really thought much about but the other day I saw this poor man with one leg and crutches struggling to get to a door because some ignorant person had parked in the disabled space,they should have points on there licence and be find for parking in disabled parking spaces,

The thing that annoys me most are able bodied people who park in disabled parking spaces, this is some thing I never really thought much about but the other day I saw this poor man with one leg and crutches struggling to get to a door because some ignorant person had parked in the disabled space,they should have points on there licence and be find for parking in disabled parking spaces,

What are your thoughts on Mother and baby spots?

Whatever you do don't challenge them:

One in three keepers of cars illegally parked in a disabled space have a criminal record, contrasted with 2% of legally parked cars

Source:

ILLEGAL PARKING IN DISABLED BAYS: A MEANS OF OFFENDER TARGETING

I don't mind mother and baby spots. It's a pain when you park in a normal space and get out only to see a car seat in the back of the car next door then you have to get back in and squidge up to the car on the opposite side so the other car will be able to open their door fully to get the baby in, hoping your not inconveniencing the other car too much by leaving them a small gap. Not sure why mother and baby have to be close to the store I would put the bigger spaces in the less used area of car parks where their is less demand for normal ones.

I don't mind mother and baby spots. It's a pain when you park in a normal space and get out only to see a car seat in the back of the car next door then you have to get back in and squidge up to the car on the opposite side so the other car will be able to open their door fully to get the baby in, hoping your not inconveniencing the other car too much by leaving them a small gap. Not sure why mother and baby have to be close to the store I would put the bigger spaces in the less used area of car parks where their is less demand for normal ones.

I often see women, parking in the mother and baby spaces, who seem to have forgotten their child. They have a baby seat so I know they meet the mother criteria, but child is nowhere to be seen :suspect:

I was in Meadowhall carpark the other day and 2 cars in front of me took the last 2 mother & baby spaces - none of them had children with them, leaving me to struggle with my baby and pram...I approached one of the car owners and pointed out that the space was for people with buggies only to be told 'i got here first so tough' - IGNORANT!!!

These allocated spaces are there for a reason, i wish people could just be a little more considerate and realise that parking an extra 10ft away in a normal space will not actually do them any harm nor will it impact on their day in any way - however their selfish actions do impact on disabled people and mothers with buggies in quite a big, annoying way!!!

Rant over!

What are your thoughts on Mother and baby spots?

My thoughts - Put them at the FAR end of the car park.

However there is one recent addition that's far worse imo

The "electric/low-emission" spaces that have appeared near the front doors of Asda (Handsworth)