150,000 in fines on Halifax road by speed camera

This is yet more proof that these cameras are there solely for the purpose of raising revenue ,and have NOTHING to do with road safety.

( This camera on Halifax rd is easily seen from way up Halifax Rd ,so can be approached a lot faster,as this is a good fast road, then once slowed to 40mph for the cameras benefit ,you can put your foot down and speed up again. )

OH, GREAT ADVICE......especially to the kind of people who killed my mum whilst racing on Halifax Road last year. Thats what they were doing when they needlessly took her life, dodging these speed cameras. Had he not smashed into her, killing her instantly, he would have slowed down just before the camera.........hope you are prould of yourself and I hope you never cause another family the agony we have had to endure.

i wonder how much it cost to put these 2 speed traps there i cannot remeber many accidents on this straight piece of road before the cameras were put up. Thought these cameras were only installed to reduce accidents.

One person dying is enough thanks........there are probably more but my mum was killed on the road last year by two speeding drivers who were racing each other. They would have slowed doen when they got to the camera but they smashed inti my mum instead

This one has NEVER got me ,and i drive that road every day up to 60MPH ,as its a good fast road . its a simple case of slowing down to the 40mph limit for the cameras benefit ,then speed up again after the camera , simples ................. fine avoided. ;)

Well, I hope that the fatal accident you are heading to cause, only involves one person.........................

• 1 month later...

I potentially commited 2 road offences a couple of days ago, hopefully I won't be punished.

There was an ambulance flashing and coming from behind when I was at the traffic lights, so I initially pulled into the bus lane to get out of the way, the ambulance then went into the bus lane and as I was at the front of the queue, I drove through a red light to let the ambulance past.

If I was to be fined for that, could I contest it?

Had I waited at the lights, the person who may have been dying in the ambulance would have had to wait until the lights turned back to green. I couldn't get back into the correct lane I'd come from as the car that was behind me moved forward so I was trapped.

Would the people giving fines allow for this? or would I still have been expected to make the ambulance wait leaving a dying person in the back?

Common sense says, they would let me off despite the fact I commited 2 traffic offences