Car Insurance Postcode shock in S13.

i once moved just two streets and rung my insurance company to give them my new address. They insurance nearly went up by over half what i was paying despite my new street being far nicer than the old one where i had lived. I couldnt believe it to be honest.

Wasn't there a spate of car damage in Woodhouse a bit back? Tyres slashed and wing mirrors smashed off?

It happens periodically. I've had three windscreens put through but it's been quiet here over the last year. Ay the old (cheaper) place I had one car stolen and three attempts.

I know it's a bit if a digress but when I was changing my household insurance I was talking to someone from an insurance company who told me companies offer lower insurance for so long to target a certain postcode. Once they get their target they out it up to our people off so if something happened in that area (a flood for example) they wouldn't have catastrophic losses.

In my case I was insured by Aviva through First Direct but to be insured by Aviva themselves the premium trebled. Could this be the same for car insurance?