Where can I get some business cards printed?

Mine was for stationery at about £170 ish and even now, I order business cards for £26, so yes, still small. I apply my procurement practice the same across the board - value for money for what it is worth to my business.

Yes I do also network locally and refer, but that's to win business. For purchasing my resources though, that's another matter entirely. That said, if I haven't got a regular supplier and say one of my BNI group offer something I need and its VFM, then I would choose them, but not solely on being in BNI or any other local network.

Not sure what Vista print charge as never considered buying such naff quality, but as my printer charges £26 inc vat and del for 250 DS business card as an example, then lets say Vista print costs just a tenner for the same, is someone so tight or is someone running a buisness that they really cannot afford an extra £16 for something that will send a very different message when handing over their card?

I have had clients hand me a Vistaprint card and they all apologise and say it was bought as a stop gap, in a hurry, etc. and that they will be getting some "proper" ones done soon. They do get a bit embarrassed about them.

Edited by indizine

Not sure what Vista print charge as never considered buying such naff quality, but as my printer charges £26 inc vat and del for 250 DS business card as an example, then lets say Vista print costs just a tenner for the same, is someone so tight or is someone running a buisness that they really cannot afford an extra £16 for something that will send a very different message when handing over their card?

I have had clients hand me a Vistaprint card and they all apologise and say it was bought as a stop gap, in a hurry, etc. and that they will be getting some "proper" ones done soon. They do get a bit embarrassed about them.

Last set of glossy business cards from Vistaprint I ordered were £4.40 (including vat and del) for 250 business cards and 100 glossy postcard sized flyers. Was happy with both the quality and the 4 day turn around on delivery despit only paying the lowest postage option.

Just the business cards would have been £3.20 inclusive so your printer would be over 8 times the price. I appreciate that people in the business card trade will probably notice the quality difference but for small businesses paying 8 times the price for a marginal uplift in quality is way too much in my view.

I would disagree that there is just a marginal difference. There is a very big and obvious difference.

I would disagree that there is just a marginal difference. There is a very big and obvious difference.

For someone like you whose in marketing they are probably not up to the job as the standard of your website/business cards etc is a measure of what you actually offer as a service. But for small businesses like mine that are not in marketing I think what vista print offer is fine, I certainly wouldn't pay 8 times as much as I had to even for much shinier heavier business cards.

Vista print sign up and then a few days later they will send you some great deals

Quality business cards are used by peple who want to convey a certain message. Either you do or you don't. Obviously that's every business owner's choice. It has nothing to do with being in marketing however yes, it would be essential for anyone whose business is in the marketing and design sector to use quality marketing materials (ie practice what you preach).

everybody who is in business is in 'marketing' in some form. I would be embarrased if the printing I undertake for my clients was Vistaprint quality. After you have spoken to a prospective client, all they may have is your card to remind them of you and your service. It has to be good.

Vistaprint. But they screwed my last order at them.. Got a refund though

Manor Press in Sheffield always do a great job at a very competitive price.

Good luck!

Vistaprint. But they screwed my last order at them.. Got a refund though

Not the most promising recommendation i've ever seen!

They were crap, but they didnt make me pay as they were crap so its okay! :hihi:

Not the most promising recommendation i've ever seen!

They were crap, but they didnt make me pay as they were crap so its okay! :hihi:

I would second Vista Print.

It is very easy to make personal cards online, and as DreadLord89 said, they did sort out the problem with a full refund.

We recently started using a German company for our business cards, posters, & flyers called Print 24.com they offer great value for money and quality.