Where can I get some business cards printed?

I recommend VISTAPRINT. My company has had loads of stuff printed by them and their goods have never failed to please us.

I had some fantastic business cards delivered this morning from Daniel at LAR Print.

Sheffield company and good prices. I would highly recommend. Great Matt Finish also!

Cheap, yes. What's "nasty" about them, though?

Low resolution, grainy, very poor quality paper; exceptionally cheap colours - they just reek of poor quality in every way. Many even have "printed by Vistaprint" on the back.

It's fine if all you're after is a business card but if you're trying to make a statement then they're next to useless. My new cards glow in the dark. They always elicit a "wow" and the retention level is really high!

Ultimately, if you just want a business card then Vistaprint is fine :)

Edited by Karis

Using a local firm to design and print your cards will ensure that are are compatible across the whole range of stationery including letter heads, compliment slips, invoices etc.

Eventually when you need a leaflet or brochure they will be able to pull out your original design and create what you need and not what is just available.

Try Word for Word - Unit 6, 1 Europa Drive, S9 1XT Tel: 0114 242 7448

Using a local firm to design and print your cards will ensure that are are compatible across the whole range of stationery including letter heads, compliment slips, invoices etc.

Agreed, and again, you're supporting local industry, which seems to be all but forgotten in this day and age.

You can get 1000 cards printed for X pounds, but when you can go locally and get the personal touch for what's probably only a little bit extra, really, there's no question of which is the best option :)

uk.moo.com

from experience I've found they provide a good service

I personally don't know why people are promoting companies not in South Yorkshire.

I'd much rather my money went to a company from the area.

I had 1000 cards done, on a Top Top finish inc design for £59 and would recommend this company all day long.

PLUS they are Sheffield based. KEEP IT LOCAL.

I'm not interested in keeping it local, be it Sheffield or Doncaster.

My business comes first and in line with almost every other company in the UK, including those that are successful and still going years later, I will purchase my resources as best value for money from anywhere in the UK.

I would rather my money went to the person who has delivered a great service to me, my clients and those I have referred to for 4 years. This has meant they have been cost efficient to my business due to good quality, reliability and speed of turnaround.

I bought some printing back in 2007 ago from a well known brand print company and the order was delayed by about 3 days as it was printed wrongly (or so I was told) and even then, I had to go and pick it up, so add in my time, petrol and parking to the already higher cost than others. It did me know favours buying local in this instance. After that I found Scuba Print and never used anyone else since.

Edited by indizine

I'm not interested in keeping it local, be it Sheffield or Doncaster.

My business comes first and in line with almost every other company in the UK, including those that are successful and still going years later, I will purchase my resources as best value for money from anywhere in the UK.

I would rather my money went to the person who has delivered a great service to me, my clients and those I have referred to for 4 years. This has meant they have been cost efficient to my business due to good quality, reliability and speed of turnaround.

I bought some printing back in 2007 ago from a well known brand print company and the order was delayed by about 3 days as it was printed wrongly (or so I was told) and even then, I had to go and pick it up, so add in my time, petrol and parking to the already higher cost than others. It did me know favours buying local in this instance. After that I found Scuba Print and never used anyone else since.

Sorry, I probably haven't explained myself properly. If this was for something mega expensive and the differences in prices could be vast then fair enough. This is for business cards though, they are going to range from £40 - 80 odd quid for 1000.

You do networking Sandra, so that is all about promoting your business to other local businesses and also giving them recommendations. This is just the same.

Vista print are great if you want a nice cheap option, but there are also nice cheap options in Sheffield or Doncaster, so if the prices are around the same cost, I would rather put the money to someone I know or someone locally that is recommended.

Obviously I dont do this all the time and even not for every print job that I do.