Violent riots and looting in UK (part 2)

No education (it was available free but you could not even be bothered to turn up) and a bad attitude means what you need to aspire to working your ass oiff for minimum wage for probably your entire life.

that's down to parenting though

it used to be that generally most working class parents wanted their offspring to be better off than they were and the way to do that is through education

that seems to have gone for all sorts of reasons which we've touched on in other posts

there seems to be a negativity and loss of hope, (not just in the disconnected, i see it in ordinary normal people too) which shows itself in many ways, rap music is one way, it seems uniformly grim though maybe i haven't listened to enough of it.

it used to be that generally most working class parents wanted their offspring to be better off than they were and the way to do that is through education

that seems to have gone for all sorts of reasons which we've touched on in other posts

there seems to be a negativity and loss of hope, (not just in the disconnected, i see it in ordinary normal people too) which shows itself in many ways, rap music is one way, it seems uniformly grim though maybe i haven't listened to enough of it.

I've seen / know adults who teach their 3 years old's to steal, explain how their 8 year old should bully certain people. I wouldn't let their kids in, 'cos every time stuff would disappear. This was life to them and had been for the parents as well. Virtually no-one they know has ever had a job. Daily life is fencing stolen goods, dealing drugs and taking advantage of people.

Forget blame, how is that to be changed?

Totally agree. Your sig has the solution.

Wrong, there are jobs in this country, if you have the ability to do those jobs, we are still employing overseas graduates in areas which with foresight our own children could do if educated. No child is born stupid, or lacks the ability to be educated, every child if nurtured correctly can achieve, all it requires is family support, but when a child sits back a takes a look at his/her peers, & sees them relying solely on benefits, drinking, a family unit that has no aspirations other than being a drain on society, then that child will conform to the same standards. If parents took responsibility ensured their children adhere to rules, encouraged them to achieve then we wouldn’t have this problem, making excuses that the Eton Elite or greedy bankers are to blame is wrong, yes we reap what we sow, I’ll say it again I know that my children will never be a drain on society, nor will many, many other children, because they come from responsible families. This is where the problem stems from poor parenting.

40 university graduates for every job at the last count, and getting worse.

I know it's a lot easier to argue your particular views if you assume the rioters and looters to have a relatively homogenous background ( unemployed, from single parent family etc etc) how do you fit the teaching assistant, web designer, army recruit, student and graphic designer; all of whom appeared in court today into your model of the causes of the rioting?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14484239

I know it's a lot easier to argue your particular views if you assume the rioters and looters to have a relatively homogenous background ( unemployed, from single parent family etc etc) how do you fit the teaching assistant, web designer, army recruit, student and graphic designer; all of whom appeared in court today into your model of the causes of the rioting?

Do any of those job exclude them from the younger life you've just mentioned?

Virtually anybody could get those jobs...

Quite a few of our most treasured entrepreneurs have come from shocking backgrounds...

The MP's and Police officers who committed those crimes are being caught, tried and convicted. Have you not been following the news?

Yes indeed.

5 MPs prosecuted out of 600+ (and the 2 who went to jail are already out.) Bankers stll receiving multiple millions in bonuses...

Opportunistic.

The fact the Police have taken forever to stamp some authority on the situation they probably wondered what they could get away with.

They are still scumbags as they were prepared to crap on their own community like the rest of the scum involved.

Yes indeed.

5 MPs prosecuted out of 600+ (and the 2 who went to jail are already out.) Bankers stll receiving multiple millions in bonuses...

I'm not defending the bankers, well I am but I dont like it, they didn't bankrupt us per say they just gave money to people they shouldnt have. And not all 600+ mps were on the fiddle. You can't use them as an excuse for what happened over the last few days.

You can't blame the cuts either - they haven't been implemented yet.

The bankers are hoovering up money out of the economy. They are directly responsible for the recession, and still claiming their millions in bonuses. And it's barely started yet.

When the ordinary working man cannot afford to feed his family he too will be out on the street.

In a nutshell Britain is suffering from a chronic case of Yobbery