Sheffield film 'Threads' - Megathread.

RPG

Originally posted by cosywolf

I reckon the Showroom should show all the Sheffield themed movies there are as a kind of Celebrate Sheffield on Film week/month...

I'm kinda suprised they haven't already done this because it seems a pretty good idea to me.

Definatlly wouldn't mind seeing Treads,sounds like a really good film.

You'd have to include 'Tales From A Hard City', the documentary about 4 Sheffield 'dreamers' (for which read 'mad people') made in 1994 - it's chokingly funny, though makes Sheffield look like a city of deluded nutters. And maybe it is.

Occasionally appears on late night Channel 4. It will make your jaw hit the floor and your sides will split.

Apologies to anyone on this forum who might actually be one of the 4 main people in the movie. Especially if you're the actor who can't drive who tries to get a sponsored car from Skoda.

Originally posted by cosywolf

I reckon the Showroom should show all the Sheffield themed movies there are as a kind of Celebrate Sheffield on Film week/month...

Threads, The Full Monty...ummm, help me out here!

Might be quite a short thing...a Celebrate Sheffield on Film night...:lol: :lol:

There were a lot of promotional films made about Sheffield in the 60's and 70's, such as the one at the start of the Full Monty. The library theatre used to show them a few years ago.

Originally posted by Spacehopper

8) Nah Den Ace..........

The promotional film, used at the start of The Full Monty, was available in full on the video "The Reel Monty"; it was available from The Star offices on York Street. I don't know if it is still available now though, does anyone else know?

Regards,

Spacehopper.

I'm pretty sure I saw it on sale in that record shop on Division Street, by The Futon Shop.

As for Threads, this is a genuinely disturbing film, not one to watch on a Saturday night!

Archived