Sheffield film 'Threads' - Megathread.

RPG

At the time Threads was powerful stuff, I saw it before I moved to Sheffield but can imagine if you lived here you'd be *****ing it.

Another one worthy of mention is Raymond Briggs' cartoon "When the wind blows" about an elderly couple slowly dying after a nuclear blast.

• 4 months later...

Hi all, me yet again, I made a request last post I made, but it got lost in the midst of the rest of the threads that was made, anyways......

I am after the film Threads, that's the one with the Nuclear attack on Sheffield one, I have searched everywhere, but not had any luck so far, I am after a copy, not bothered if it is not the original and I am willing to pay for one, so easy cash for anyone who can be bothered to run a copy off.

Also, I doubt it, but might as well ask, I am after a series called The Last Train that was shown on TV some time ago, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oooh, I remember the Last Train...drove my Sheffield friends batty how it mixed up the different areas. We all watched it fairly avidly, though.

Odd programme.

Can't remember how it ended.

Sorry, don't have a copy. But the Library might?

Never saw Threads, but I know it gave some people nightmares...

Hmm, sorry, not right helpful...

Threads was apparently a quite graphic movie about the effects of a nuclear bomb being dropped on Sheffield...really icky, I've heard.

The Last Train was a tv drama about a group of people who were involved in a train crash, but were preserved by some freezing substance someone was smuggling. When they all woke up they were in post-apocalyptic Sheffield, and had to make their way to some research centre in the Peaks or somewhere.

Does that help?

Archived