Freeview Tuning/ Digital switchover megathread

...Ive noticed now I have Al Jazeera TV on now, what the hell is going on!!!

Al Jazeera English is now available on Freeview channel 89, between 6pm and 11pm every night.

It's deffo worth watching, just to see the world news our 'free' and 'British' media don't want us to know.

x

sounds like the taliban have taken over emley moor transmitter

:D

x x

Mains aerial? :huh::huh::huh:

I think it's an areial booster it does plug into the mains.

Your lucky then, as i cant get itv,channel 4 or 5, im in S8.I can get it on freesat though, just not on freeview.

Also in S8, lost the same channels as you. Alot of the time BBC1 and 2 just show random coloured squares or show 'no signal'.

Digital has been a sham since it started up.

Hiya!

I've taken my fella's old tv off his hands which has got built in Freeview. However, when I try to tune it the only channels we get are BBC1, 2, 3 and BBC News. I've tried numerous times with loads of different ariels all over the house with no luck, not even ITV or Channel 4!

I've spoken to a couple of people who say that they are unable to get Freeview around here as well, and on that basis I am reluctant to get a man in to connect it up to the main arial on the roof (which would include drilling through the wall) if it wont work after that anyway.

I am in the Millhouses area and was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if so how was it resolved? So annoying as I seem to be getting a better picture on my younger brothers tv/video combo from about 10 years ago!

Any help or feedback much appreciated.

Tess:)

Nether Edge and I have a caravan TV aerial in the attic (the downstairs telly is on cable)

It works best for me as I need to point the aerial one direction to get the "normal" channels and a few freeview, or for other freeview channels, I point it the other way and re-tune the box

Tried it with the roof aerial and it was still as limited, but obviously I'm not going to do a Rod Hull every time I want to change the channel, safer to turn the attic aerial around. Bit unsightly though

I've tried one of the tv arials you can plug in and stuff but still no luck! It's irritating that I have a nice LCD flatscreen ready to go but I can't actually get a watchable picture on it, whereas this silly little combo thing from years ago works fine. It's not even just freeview, analogue is a pain to tune as well.

Really don't know what to do, don't want to spend a fortune if it might not even work. Anybody else have any problems around this area? I'm not sure which signal it is picking up from, I looked on the website and apparently there is one in Totley and one in town. Apparently the one in town should give me good coverage, and the one in Totley no coverage. So how do I know which one it is transmitting from and if it is the Totley one is there any way to change it?

Some areas of Millhouses are currently out of range of Freeview.

You should be ok after the switchover in August though, so try again then.

i have a new aerial. booster and everything and our reception is rubbish!

S8

I wasnt sure whether we would need the aerial repositioning?

Millhouses is in a bit of a dip. Not sure how you may get round the reception issues.

I'm at the Millhouses end of S7 and have a digital aerial but no digital reception at all (except the occasional 1% signal strength) and unlikely to until the switchover.:mad:

when we have the big 'switchover' will we miraculously get a picture then?

when we have the big 'switchover' will we miraculously get a picture then?

Oh yes!

They're turning the knob upto eleven!