Freeview Tuning/ Digital switchover megathread

It most probably just needs retuning. If you don't have the instruction manual to hand, look up the set brand and model on the Internet and find out how to retune it.

thats what i just did and i lost my ITV 1 and got Al Jazeera!! should I do it again?

Try rescanning, sometimes it locks on to the wrong transmitter. An old box I had always locked on to Sheffield first, then Emely Moor on the second scan.

Itv were saying on the news and in between adverts that there was going to be some disruption last week because of engineering works on a transmitter preparing for the digital switchover. Can't remember which one though. Try re-tuning it'll probably sort it out.

Ive lost my ITV1 from my Freeview channels, anyone else having this problem? I am in Nether Edge and Ive noticed now I have Al Jazeera TV on now, what the hell is going on!!!

Your lucky then, as i cant get itv,channel 4 or 5, im in S8.I can get it on freesat though, just not on freeview.

i had lots of problems with my daughters freeview box.. i installed her a mains ariel, now she gets every channel on it, and it does'nt take very long to update... go mains, best way...

John lewis informed me the other day that there may be a few signal problems on my TV over the next 5-6 weeks as they are working on the Emley Moor transmitter, so people in Sheffield may experience tuning difficulties and intermitttent signal problems. Also Freeview does need to be retuned in order to get newer channels like Dave Dave Ja Vu (25) which started earlier this year. So i suggest trying to retune freeview to find any new channels and pick up old stations again but signal problems may occur again due to the work going on.

i'VE POSTED RECENTLY ABOUT LOST CHANNELS,THERE IS WORK ON THE TRANSMITTER ONGOING IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN FINISHED BY NOW BUT IT ISN'T,HOWEVER I DID A RESCAN THIS MORNING AND THE CHANNELS THAT WERE MISSING ON MY TV ARE NOW BACK.

Soz about caps can't be arsed typing it again.

Above Threads Merged.......Please check before creating new ones!

hello has anybody elses freeview tv receiver got a bad reception at the moment ?

I live in S9 and its been on and off, last day or 2 has been ok if you reinstall the chaneels it should work.

I live in S9 and its been on and off, last day or 2 has been ok if you reinstall the chaneels it should work.

I lost all my freeview channels about 2 weeks ago and they haven't come back no matter how often I rescan. Tried it with my LCDs internal freeview box and with my old freeview box.

i had lots of problems with my daughters freeview box.. i installed her a mains ariel, now she gets every channel on it, and it does'nt take very long to update... go mains, best way...

Mains aerial? :huh::huh::huh: