Freeview Tuning/ Digital switchover megathread

If you live in s14 , then your more than likely to be on the sheffield transmitter, they use a wide band aerial for receiving digital , if your old aerial is a "grouped" aerial then chances are that the aerial needs changing.

You say you get the 5 analogue channels, if your really critical is it a grainy picture? if so then the signal is week-- again aerial related channel 5 is usually a lot weaker if a grouped aerial is being used a amplifier may improve reception i would borrow one first as it is an unnesicery expense if it doesn't cure the problem , you can see the transmitter on the hill near the northern general hospital from Gleadless valley so with a decent aerial a amplifier is not needed -- also look at the aerial if the elements are vertical then it is sheffield, if they are horizontal -- then its Emley Moor -- call me if you want a bit of free advice

Regards Keith KB Aerials 0114 2514389 07946481125

I have to laugh,

I just gave away an Amplifier on here for free, an expensive one as well, Oh! well.. To Up date, bought another set top box for him, and it's the same thing, so it's not the box, it's the reception. Every one who said reception is good up there has miss led me to the cost of another £20.00 never mind. It's a flat, and a lot of the other flats up there have Ariel's stuck on the balconies so I should have known?

I have to laugh,

I just gave away an Amplifier on here for free, an expensive one as well, Oh! well.. To Up date, bought another set top box for him, and it's the same thing, so it's not the box, it's the reception. Every one who said reception is good up there has miss led me to the cost of another £20.00 never mind. It's a flat, and a lot of the other flats up there have Ariel's stuck on the balconies so I should have known?

Its not a case of being mislead, predominately the signal in the gleadless valley is superb, you can see the transmitter up on the hill near the hallamshire hospital, an aerial pointing at that should give you a reliable signal without the need for amplification, unfortunatly it is very difficult some times to see where the problem lies , I strongly believe you should get a signal with not much hassle I'm more than happy to install a new aerial or fault find for you

Keith KB Aerials 07946481125 01142514389

We've been having problems in S20 with our freeview's.

Both a built in one and a sony box one, in each of my kids bedrooms..

We do a manual retune a least once a week, take the ariel out of the back, do a re-install (obviously picks up nothing) this is supposed to re-set the box / tv. Then put the ariel back in and do a re-tune.. sometimes we get BBC 1,2 but no ITV then another week we get no BBC but ITV etc..

We have the TV downstairs with built in freeview and this seems ok, but sometimes the BBC gets distorted / freezes..

It seems to have been since they started mucking around with Emley Moor.. and we did a Freeview advertised retune back in March that the problems have started..

Hopefully they will clear up soon..

We've been having problems in S20 with our freeview's.

Both a built in one and a sony box one, in each of my kids bedrooms..

We do a manual retune a least once a week, take the ariel out of the back, do a re-install (obviously picks up nothing) this is supposed to re-set the box / tv. Then put the ariel back in and do a re-tune.. sometimes we get BBC 1,2 but no ITV then another week we get no BBC but ITV etc..

We have the TV downstairs with built in freeview and this seems ok, but sometimes the BBC gets distorted / freezes..

It seems to have been since they started mucking around with Emley Moor.. and we did a Freeview advertised retune back in March that the problems have started..

Hopefully they will clear up soon..

The problems with emley moor will be untill end of august

I am in the s20 area -- well beighton on school road , if you want I can come and test the signal and advise on how to combat the problem

KEITH KB Aerials 07946481125. 01142514389

Thanks will bear you in mind, although will be after holidays..

I've seen your van dotted around a few times.

Thanks will bear you in mind, although will be after holidays..

I've seen your van dotted around a few times.

Yeah I do get around a bit !

Whenever suits you !

Keith kb aerials 07946481125. 01142514389

having problems myself heard digy people were going round doing somthing with the boxes freesat for me

Hi

Woke up this morning and turned the tv on and on every channel on my freeview box apart from " dave " its saying no signal !

Is this something to do with the weather or maybe i need a new freeview box ?

Anyone else having the same problems as me :huh:

new ariel fitted on block of flats got all freeview for 4days then got tv saying no signal s8 :confused:

Ive lost my ITV1 from my Freeview channels, anyone else having this problem? I am in Nether Edge and Ive noticed now I have Al Jazeera TV on now, what the hell is going on!!!

sounds like the taliban have taken over emley moor transmitter

id rather have my ITV1 back than that s..t!! lol