Shoplifter needs ambulance

I saw the aftermath. The woman was already on her back waiting to be packed into an ambulance. She'd grabbed some stuff from Age UK and legged it thinking she'd get away easily. These people target charity shops staffed by elderly people because they think they're all easy pickings. The shopworker is 62 and I heard the shoplifter is 25 but she got caught quite quickly by someone more than twice her age. Also the shop worker said it was one or two jackets, not jeans. They're not pressing charges. I assume the thief was known to the police. Well she is now.

So the theiving git will do it again knowing the same will probably happen next time she gets caught...

So the theiving git will do it again knowing the same will probably happen next time she gets caught...

Next time she will have flat shoes.:)

Next time she will have flat shoes.:)

She's probably lifting herself a nice pair of pumps from Oxfam as we speak.

A lift home to Dore?? Wasn't MoS in drag was it?? :hihi:

Good one:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

stealing from a charity shop - talk about low....

Lets face it some of the prices they ask in some charity shops is daylight robbery itself. Don't mind paying a fair price but some of the prices are way too high.

Edited by mediman

I don't understand why the shop are not pressing charges?

This country is far too soft on thieves and lowlifes.

I don't understand why the shop are not pressing charges?

This country is far too soft on thieves and lowlifes.

Don't want to be too unkind to charity shop workers and a percentage of them do tend to be bleeding hearts but on reading more about this case it may have been the correct decision.

Edited by Jim Hardie

I saw the aftermath. The woman was already on her back waiting to be packed into an ambulance. She'd grabbed some stuff from Age UK and legged it thinking she'd get away easily. These people target charity shops staffed by elderly people because they think they're all easy pickings. The shopworker is 62 and I heard the shoplifter is 25 but she got caught quite quickly by someone more than twice her age. Also the shop worker said it was one or two jackets, not jeans. They're not pressing charges. I assume the thief was known to the police. Well she is now.

Was the other way around. I had already seen her wobbling across Holme Lane and then over to Rhythm and Booze. She was at least 60. Sad case I think.

Was the other way around. I had already seen her wobbling across Holme Lane and then over to Rhythm and Booze. She was at least 60. Sad case I think.

she looked very fit for a 60+ woman?.... she was wearing heals that even i wouldnt dare wear!and skin tight jeans!

Somebody asked her who taught her to shoplift. "Nobody," she replied, "I just picked it up as I went along..." :rolleyes:

A shoplifter was trying to steal 4 pair jeans from Age UK but the assistant gave chase.The woman in high heels fell over and police and ambulance arrived at same time.Fancy trying to steal in heels?And from a charity shop?I bet they were to be snided in car boot or in ebay a sapparently the jeans were too small to fit the lady in question.This was in Hillsborough so dont be too sympathetic if you see a lass on crutches.

What a beautiful story!!! It's made my day, that :)