Has anyone applied for a job at the new Asda at Parson Cross

Went to the session on 30th June. Still haven't heard anything yet. Checked on website, and status is showing application in progress. Sent an email via the website asking for feedback, but just had an automated response so far advising me they would get back to me in due course. Those that have had a no, how long was it before you found out it was a no?

I went to a magic session today for the catchbar lane shop and i can tell you its hard to make a castle out of balloons lol

Really pleased..my husband applied for the new asda on the 10th July had Asda magic session yesterday...and got the job this morning

:):):) makes a change to have some good news

Really pleased..my husband applied for the new asda on the 10th July had Asda magic session yesterday...and got the job this morning

:):):) makes a change to have some good news

Great Stuff! Do you know when the store will be opening?

Well done :)

Whats an Asda magic session involve?? :huh:

they said it will be opening mid septemberish....

the session consisted of a role place ect...standard group task stuff really.

Threads merged.

hi guys, just to let you know i applied to the parson cross Asda and was offered a group 'magic' interview. went there on the 26th and was called the next day(27th yesterday) saying i had been successful and would be getting a call from a department manager on a 1 to 1 basis in the next couple of weeks to discuss what roles and departments I will be suited to ... Sort out my training, hours and uniform.

'the right to work' thing was done in the group interviews. just had to bring in a passport(which i forgot lol...so brought in a couple of hours later)

the magic group interview consisted of... them telling us about the new store...the fact 3000 applicants had applied and only 800 or so got through to this stage, that we were very lucky. We then had 5 mins to find out about the person next to us - name,interests,why they wanted to work at asda and what super power they would have. then had to introduce them to the rest of the group... then we got given a product(mine was cake spunge) and we had to do a role play with another person in the group about the product(basically selling it to them) and that was it.

after that we were given a form to fill out about our availability and the departments we were interested in working on. i ticked most of the boxes apart from the night work.. i also put on my availability that i was a student and didn't as of yet know my timetable until september... which is what the supervisors told me to put.

so all is good in the world, basically. the group interview was very easy, nothing to worry about and they say that all the time you're there also. my advice is when they ask for a volunteer to go first just stick your hand up and get right in...shows confidence and willing. and just generally smile and speak clearly(some of the people that were in the group with us i had no idea how they had got this far, you could instantly tell they were not getting the job, they were miserable and muttered under there breath a lot etc)

the new store opens on the 17th of september exactly and i will be trained before then.

I applied for a job with new asda, past the english/maths test ect, went to asda magic, was making animals out of straws and then it ended, few days later got email sorry all vacancys taken and i cant reapply for 6 month :S .... asda magic was fun but don't see how it involved working at asda, working as a team maybe but doing actual work... useless lol... was open to any vacancy and any hours aswel.. my lack of work experience due to college and training may have been one reason i was unsuccessful but meh lots more places other than asda... only applied with it been 15 mins away

hi guys, just to let you know i applied to the parson cross Asda and was offered a group 'magic' interview. went there on the 26th and was called the next day(27th yesterday) saying i had been successful and would be getting a call from a department manager on a 1 to 1 basis in the next couple of weeks to discuss what roles and departments I will be suited to ... Sort out my training, hours and uniform.

'the right to work' thing was done in the group interviews. just had to bring in a passport(which i forgot lol...so brought in a couple of hours later)

the magic group interview consisted of... them telling us about the new store...the fact 3000 applicants had applied and only 800 or so got through to this stage, that we were very lucky. We then had 5 mins to find out about the person next to us - name,interests,why they wanted to work at asda and what super power they would have. then had to introduce them to the rest of the group... then we got given a product(mine was cake spunge) and we had to do a role play with another person in the group about the product(basically selling it to them) and that was it.

after that we were given a form to fill out about our availability and the departments we were interested in working on. i ticked most of the boxes apart from the night work.. i also put on my availability that i was a student and didn't as of yet know my timetable until september... which is what the supervisors told me to put.

so all is good in the world, basically. the group interview was very easy, nothing to worry about and they say that all the time you're there also. my advice is when they ask for a volunteer to go first just stick your hand up and get right in...shows confidence and willing. and just generally smile and speak clearly(some of the people that were in the group with us i had no idea how they had got this far, you could instantly tell they were not getting the job, they were miserable and muttered under there breath a lot etc)

the new store opens on the 17th of september exactly and i will be trained before then.

Sounds alot more fun than mine lol

Sounds alot more fun than mine lol

what did yours consist of? haha