Has anyone applied for a job at the new Asda at Parson Cross

My sister applied right at the begining and hasnt heard anything yet.She is still being considered.:mad:

Me too, Purple, I applied on 19th June and my application is still under consideration. I wonder if it means that your sister's and my applications were a bit "borderline" and they're waiting to see how other people do at the Magic sessions before they decide whether we'll get an interview or not.

I was told not to bother applying,as its earmarked for all the longterm unemployed the government want to get off the sytem and asda get a goverment grant for everyone that they take off jsa and incapacity benifit.They have to employ them for at least 6 months.So all of you that have applied and been turned down,will probably have a much better chance second time around,especially when they realise all thier alchohol stock is down,with all the alchos on incapacity benifit they may unwittingly employ:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

My friends not an alcoholic or on job seekers. I heard they were prioritizing the unemployed. But this doesn't seem so in my friend's case. She's also local so maybe there is no criteria. Just the most suitable candidates for the jobs.

My cousin's partner went on one of those magic sessions and got the job today.

I also went to one of the magic sessions on Tuesday. Got told I passed the interview yesterday. Although I'm not sure if you pass the magic session you technically have the job. I was told there will be an interview with one the managers in the coming weeks. Not sure if it's a second stage interview that you have to pass again or it's just a chat to sort out which department and what hours you can work.

Do you have any idea?

I think it's important to note that around 2500 people applied for the jobs at the new Asda opening on Chaucer Road. Around 700 people were picked to attend the magic session, so competition is really fierce now. I was surprised when I heard that but it's a sign of the times we are in now.

Edited by DalianT

Well my wife has been given a job there today working on the tills and will be starting her training in a few weeks, we live in Hillsborough and she is already in work and not claiming any benifits, so most of this thread is just rumour !!!

i have applied for the new chaucer asda and was successfull, from filling in the application to the interview took about 3 weeks, they got back to me through email

i have applied for the new chaucer asda and was successfull, from filling in the application to the interview took about 3 weeks, they got back to me through email

Did you attend the group interview "magic" session?

@dalianT yes i did, just waiting on the department manager to ring me about hours and stuff

@dalianT yes i did, just waiting on the department manager to ring me about hours and stuff

Ah right that's good. I passed the group interview as well I just wasn't sure if the manager calling us would be a second interview or just a call to confirm department and hours. It's not been clear to me anyway.

I was told on the phone I was successful and one of the managers would be calling me in the next few weeks. Which magic session did you attend?

we were told at magic session that if you get a reply by email it would mean you have'nt been successfull ,if successfull you would get a phone call inviting you to an interview where they go through your right to work and also check your refferences and crb check before offering you a job .

we were told at magic session that if you get a reply by email it would mean you have'nt been successfull ,if successfull you would get a phone call inviting you to an interview where they go through your right to work and also check your refferences and crb check before offering you a job .

Ah ok. We provided our right to work documents (passport) at the group interview. No mention of checking references or CRB check though. That's put my mind at ease. Didn't think a second interview would make sense. Do you have any idea how many people they're putting through at each session? We were told 700 people were put through to the group interview sessions out of the initial 2500 that applied online.

I got the call yesterday to confirm one of the managers would be contacting people in the next few weeks.

Ah ok. We provided our right to work documents (passport) at the group interview. No mention of checking references or CRB check though. That's put my mind at ease. Didn't think a second interview would make sense. Do you have any idea how many people they're putting through at each session? We were told 700 people were put through to the group interview sessions out of the initial 2500 that applied online.

I got the call yesterday to confirm one of the managers would be contacting people in the next few weeks.

which magic session did you attend ,morn ,aftternoon or evening ?

which magic session did you attend ,morn ,aftternoon or evening ?

3.30pm til 5.00pm

Edited by DalianT