Where/when's best to buy a new fridge freezer?

I'm planning to buy a new fridge freezer at some point, but my old one is still working (even if it does ice up really badly & needs defrosting every couple of weeks!) so I can wait until some of the shops have sales on so I can get a better deal. I'm just wondering if there's a particular time of year when shops tend to have sales on things like this, or if it's just whenever they feel like it? Also, does anyone know which shops tend to be cheapest for fridge freezers? I've had a look on some websites (Currys, Tesco, Asda etc) and they mostly seem to be fairly similar prices, but if anyone has any better recommendations that'd be really helpful. I've never had to buy one before so I'm a bit clueless!

Thanks for any suggestions you have :)

I use a website called hotukdeals.com its good for keeping an eye out on deals that are posted.

Daz

...........don't touch Currys!! The after sales service they give is dreadful. I would go to John Lewis, usually extended warrenty and excellant after sales service. Never dealt with the internet for white goods/electrical, how do you go if it need repairing/has to go back.? Give me a shop any day, at least you can come face to face if you need to show off!!!!!!!!!!!

I second HotDealsUK is a GREAT site to check, especially if you dont have any preferences or specifics.

When we bought new kitchen appliances last year I used Empire Direct, which is owned by RicherSounds as was looking for a US sized fridge that wasnt a side by side or with the freezer on top. They had the best price (at the time) for what I wanted.

Just been looking on that EmpireDirect site...(not that I am in need of anything....just because it's part of the Richer Sounds Empire)....loads of good deals on there. :)

Thought Empire Direct went bust last year.

Apollo on Callywhite Lane in Dronfield are very reasonably priced, and their service is good.

Appliances Direct cannot be beaten on price. Their showroom is just of M1 J28 or you can order on line.

I bought a fridge freezer at the end of last year. I went to which.co.uk and paid £1 to get access to their reviews.

I found that the Beko make offered the best price for high reliability, googled, and bought from the cheapest supplier, which happened to be Sainsbury's. Despite the snow at the time, the delivery people kept us well informed of what was going on and the fridge arrived when they said it would.

Doesn't help particularly with your question of "when", but it worked out well for me.

John Lewis sell off ex display and slightly dented items in clearance in July - and they come with the same after sales service as any brand new item

Always John Lewis, good service and some items 2 yrs warranty.

Thought Empire Direct went bust last year.

they did, but richersounds bought the name and opened it under their supervision.