Car Boot Megathread 2011 - Please see first post for details of Car Boots

surfinjim

RozeePozee has very kindly looked after the car boot megathreads for the last few years, keeping the OP's current and all the information readily available for other thread users.

She won't be able to do that in the future since she's not going to be in Sheffield any more. Is anybody else prepared to take on this management now?

Please let the admin team know by contacting the Helpdesk if you can- we'd love to hear from you, as the information contained within this thread needs to be actively managed by someone who is interested in the topic.

Please note, my PM box is closed to incoming messages, so you'll need to either contact the Helpdesk or my email box (links to both are under the 'Help and Contact Us' link over <<<there) to contact the admin team.

Thank you :)

RozeePozee has very kindly looked after the car boot megathreads for the last few years, keeping the OP's current and all the information readily available for other thread users.

She won't be able to do that in the future since she's not going to be in Sheffield any more. Is anybody else prepared to take on this management now?

Please let the admin team know by contacting the Helpdesk if you can- we'd love to hear from you, as the information contained within this thread needs to be actively managed by someone who is interested in the topic.

Please note, my PM box is closed to incoming messages, so you'll need to either contact the Helpdesk or my email box (links to both are under the 'Help and Contact Us' link over <<<there) to contact the admin team.

Thank you :)

Thanks Medusa. I've just updated as best and as quickly as I can - not to my usual standard, but I'm up to my eyeballs in packing and small children!

Help....please could someone confirm the exact location of the Bowshaw car boot tomorrow (3rd July) and from what time the sellers and buyers are allowed in. All geared up to do the Norton Cricker Club, but unfortunately this has been cancelled last minute. I am assuming we don't need to book a pitch as called Janet on 07929092550 and no answer! Don't want to turn up at 6 only to be turned away! Thanks alot.

Just back from Loxley Carboot and nice to be at a genuine boot sale with local sellers, not just traders with rows and rows of the same stuff.

It was well attended, the weather helped, and had a nice atmosphere with folks enjoying the weather and a bit of banter while people browsed for a bargain.

Also in the pavilion there was a petition against the new private car boot that starting up at Owlerton Stadium.

Has anyone else signed it? Its to try and stop them holding them weekly, just monthly.

I use to enjoy going weekly to the Arena and am looking forward to going to owlerton, I went to Loxley last week and thought that was good too. I think this petition is wrong 'cos a lot of people don't have cars to get to out of the way places and places like arena and owlerton have excellent public transport links. Also some of us like to go carbooting weekly not monthly. Also at the south of the city are a number of weekly carboots, marsh lane, bowshaw, norton cricket club and small one offs and they all seem to operate succesfully side by side. I'll be writing to the council to oppose the petition!

I think it is a good thing if there are going to be more car boot sales each week at the same end of town. We usually go out of Sheffield to a larger car boot sale, and don't bother with the smaller ones, but if there were 3 smaller ones to go to in the same area then it would make it worth going to instead of travelling further afield to larger ones.

I use to enjoy going weekly to the Arena and am looking forward to going to owlerton, I went to Loxley last week and thought that was good too. I think this petition is wrong 'cos a lot of people don't have cars to get to out of the way places and places like arena and owlerton have excellent public transport links. Also some of us like to go carbooting weekly not monthly. Also at the south of the city are a number of weekly carboots, marsh lane, bowshaw, norton cricket club and small one offs and they all seem to operate succesfully side by side. I'll be writing to the council to oppose the petition!

I do understand what you are saying, but I think if the Owlerton gets massive and it is every weekend then it will be overkill and the local independent ones like Loxley and Hillsborough Arena are really going to suffer at the hands of a private company 'muscling in' on local trade. Thats why I signed the petition against them doing weekly ones.