'Fantastic Pets' or devil dogs?

Evei at least you take responsibility for your dog

unlike some bullbreed dog owners who carnt see

the harm that there dog can do & just go on about the

harm other breeds of dogs can do :roll:

But if you have a non-aggressive, friendly, very good with other dogs bull breed, like I do, then my dog is no more likely to do harm that yours is!

How does that translate as not taking responsibility for your dog?

But if you have a non-aggressive, friendly, very good with other dogs bull breed, like I do, then my dog is no more likely to do harm that yours is!

How does that translate as not taking responsibility for your dog?

You fall under the category that Evei does.. There are responsible owners and irresponsible owners (there's probably a few sub categories as well) :)

You're one of the good guys/gals ;)

You fall under the category that Evei does.. There are responsible owners and irresponsible owners (there's probably a few sub categories as well) :)

You're one of the good guys/gals ;)

I'd like to think so, but given I've admitted on another thread that Cassie's recall is not always 100% successful I'm probably on the irresponsible end of the responsible scale...am working on it though!

I thought fabcakes was referring to people on this thread who have argued that all breeds are capable of doing damage, but maybe I misread it.

I think they are all capable but some some are better equipped to do a bit more. I look at this way. Small dog small bite. Big dog......

Bull breeds are unfortunate that their history describes them as courageous powerful fighters. They were and still are renowned to keep going. What tends to be forgotten is that there original breeding included a temperament that allowed man to control them without issue. Poor breeding has seen bad qualities in either or both parents transmitted to their offspring and on it goes.

Good luck with your recall. Two of mine have selective hearing difficulties as well :D

Possibly, but you'd consider your dog to be safe from harm in a cage in a house wouldn't you..?

It isn't the behaviour of dogs to wander into an open door of a house they're not familiar with so these particular animals must have been hyped up about something. Unfortuntely the dog is apt to go into a frenzy when it starts.

If you read the link, they didn't just 'wander in' they chased the family into the house after attacking them in their garden. That's how I read it anyway. So it was a random unprovoked attack, presumably by two dogs that were either turned out to roam or had escaped from somewhere.

Whatever the back story, another dog lost its life in a horrible way. Although why it was indoors caged when the family were outside in the garden is something I'd like to know.

I'm afraid that dogs that are inclined to get 'hyped up' and then 'go into a frenzy' are not fit for purpose and should be disposed of. Wasting time, effort and money on trying to rehabilitate them when there are thousands of easier dogs around is foolish, imo.

The owner of the dogs, which chased the Thomases into their house through the garden, is helping police with their inquiries.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/news/856052-devil-dogs-force-way-into-home-and-kill-family-pet#ixzz1EfyAKOKm.

why didnt she close the door behind her ? . i know this sort of incident is not acceptable, but i wonder what the bite to number of a breed figures are ? there are just too many bull breeds out there (& too many irresponsable owners) for a balance to be made, Im with Rainrescue on this, it is time for compulsery spaying/neutering of some bull breed types, but remember theres good and bad in all .xx

more info including a very disturbing photo of what they did to poor Mika.

more news

so says the owner of the dogs "the only crime was that his dogs did not like other dogs". hmmm. bet he thinks that otherwise they are soft as brushes and great with kids.

Edited by Scozzie

If you read the link, they didn't just 'wander in' they chased the family into the house after attacking them in their garden. That's how I read it anyway. So it was a random unprovoked attack, presumably by two dogs that were either turned out to roam or had escaped from somewhere.

Whatever the back story, another dog lost its life in a horrible way. Although why it was indoors caged when the family were outside in the garden is something I'd like to know.

I'm afraid that dogs that are inclined to get 'hyped up' and then 'go into a frenzy' are not fit for purpose and should be disposed of. Wasting time, effort and money on trying to rehabilitate them when there are thousands of easier dogs around is foolish, imo.

My apologies, i did read the link initially and i agree there is no sense in attempting to rehabilitate any animal which displays unwanted behaviour of this type.

The owner of the dogs, which chased the Thomases into their house through the garden, is helping police with their inquiries.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/news/856052-devil-dogs-force-way-into-home-and-kill-family-pet#ixzz1EfyAKOKm.

why didnt she close the door behind her ? . i know this sort of incident is not acceptable, but i wonder what the bite to number of a breed figures are ? there are just too many bull breeds out there (& too many irresponsable owners) for a balance to be made, Im with Rainrescue on this, it is time for compulsery spaying/neutering of some bull breed types, but remember theres good and bad in all .xx

We're all in agreement with Rainrescue it would seem but who foots the bill and how do you propose to control the breeding to begin to make a dent in the numbers of dogs that are being bred each year?

more info including a very disturbing photo of what they did to poor Mika.

more news

so says the owner of the dogs "the only crime was that his dogs did not like other dogs". hmmm. bet he thinks that otherwise they are soft as brushes and great with kids.

Do we need photographic evidence?

Who knows what he thinks. Maybe he's full of remorse too but who's interested in that where 'bull breeds' are concerned

Do we need photographic evidence?

Who knows what he thinks. Maybe he's full of remorse too but who's interested in that where 'bull breeds' are concerned

To be fair if he was full of remorse he'd be apologising profusely and offering to have the dogs put to sleep himself. If he did say that then his attitude stinks, which we knew anyway because his dogs were out of control and aggressive.

To be fair if he was full of remorse he'd be apologising profusely and offering to have the dogs put to sleep himself. If he did say that then his attitude stinks, which we knew anyway because his dogs were out of control and aggressive.

He's in the wrong yes. His dogs should not have been out and off lead agreed. I'm not siding with him or acting as defence for his dogs but the outcry is always more vocal where these types or breeds are concerned. I've never denied that they are capable of causing serious pain and worse but its the generalisation that they are all 'bad'. It doesn't happen with dog breeds that are perceived to be a lesser threat.