'Fantastic Pets' or devil dogs?

oh, so if it is American pit bull, then it is an american pitbull so it is a breed

if it only has american pit bull in it, then it is a 'pitbull type' and not an american pit bull?

So my friends dog, who looks like a dachshund. behaves like a dachshund but has jack russell in it is a 'type', not a 'cross' ?

No, your friends dog unless he's joined the idiot fraternity and called it a 'dachjack' is a cross breed. The word 'TYPE' applied to pitbulls is used only to identify it as pitbull 'type' which means it has some of the physical traits associated with the Pitbull breed. If you took the time to read the posts and understand what's being said you'd see how ridiculous you sound...:roll:

talking of dogs that 'grow the wrong way' and get classified into a 'type'

my old dog (now living with my ex partner) Misty, was a quite large Staff. Irish Type. my ex took her to breed with a dog of similar size.

She only had 2 pups, both pretty huge at birth, who are both now with loving homes.

Here is 'Jed' as a pup:

http://tinypic.com/r/vqihyx/7

And here he is at about 3 months old...

http://tinypic.com/r/21b4yns/7

He did a LOT more growing after that, I've never seen a staff anywhere near as big! The other pup, 'Lola' is quite small in comparison.

I have just read the whole of this thread and to be honest its tired me out. Fabcakes the people who did that to you and your poor dog are the scum of the earth and as someone said already, you cant blame the dog for how these idiots are allowing it to behave. I have worked with numerous breeds of dogs over many years and have seen more sight hounds rip small dogs and cats to pieces than I have staffies. (All the people who condemn the staff need to witness a Greyhound in action, its not pretty). That aside, Greyhounds are one of my favourite breeds even though I am a cat lover as I am intelligent enough to see through the fact that they are trained to kill, its not the dogs fault it doesn't make them bad.

I think Ami j has been unjustifiably attacked on this thread.

i'm sure my sister will look at springer spanials in the same way! infact she has reported this the police and sheffield star lets see if "springer attacks another dog" makes it the paper! I doubt it.

Pretty much guarentee it wont doesnt quite have the same ring and people cannot jump on the band waggon with it all :huh:

as i said before im not blameing the dog i did at one time

but as i have said before i blame the owners not the dog

im not going dawn this road of debate again so i will just

leave it ok :)