'Fantastic Pets' or devil dogs?

Pits?

Pit Bulls are illegal and if they are ripping ears off other dogs, they especially should be reported.

pitbulls are surpose to be banned but theres 100's in sheffield alone i know of a few who a great family pets with not a bad bone in their body. I have also worked in south london before and more or less every dog was a rednose american pitbull terrier.

The dangerous dog act cost british taxpayers £120M+ a year and is clearly not working i think it should be scrapped and all dog owners to be licensed and have to undergo training to make sure they are aware of what it takes to own a dog.

pitbulls are surpose to be banned but theres 100's in sheffield alone i know of a few who a great family pets with not a bad bone in their body. I have also worked in south london before and more or less every dog was a rednose american pitbull terrier.

The dangerous dog act cost british taxpayers £120M+ a year and is clearly not working i think it should be scrapped and all dog owners to be licensed and have to undergo training to make sure they are aware of what it takes to own a dog.

I think registering your dog and paying for a licence is a great idea. Weed out those breeds that are banned.

Although, I think I would be paying a LOT for my wee thing, as American studies have found dachshunds to be the most aggressive (apparently). :hihi:

I think registering your dog and paying for a licence is a great idea. Weed out those breeds that are banned.

Although, I think I would be paying a LOT for my wee thing, as American studies have found dachshunds to be the most aggressive (apparently). :hihi:

i dont think any dog should be banned, thats what i meant.:)

if people have to go to the trouble of applying for a licence and going on a training course or something to that effect it would "weed out" the owners that should not own dogs in the first place.:)

I didn't report it because I think the DDA is a ridiculous piece of legislation. Making breeds illegal doesn't solve the problem, which is irresponsible owners.

i dont think any dog should be banned, thats what i meant.:)

if people have to go to the trouble of applying for a licence and going on a training course or something to that effect it would "weed out" the owners that should not own dogs in the first place.:)

Yep, I agree with this.

staffs,english bulls and pitbulls are fantastic pets but like ANY dog they need to be trained correctly.

remember the actor bill roach aka ken barlow his labrador killed a border terrier infront of kids in a local park. So all breeds of dog are capabale unfortanley the staff etc have alot of wannabe hard men wanting to own them to make them feel and look hard.

yep your right there & its very sad :(

its them that give the dogs a bad name :mad:

I agree that the dogs were probably not pets, but I am liking bull breeds less and less by the day, there are just too many and in the wrong hands all to often.

R.I.P Mika, you never deserved what happened to you, I hope the owners of the dogs feels as much horror and pain as the owners of Mika did while watching him torn to bits!

I agree that the dogs were probably not pets, but I am liking bull breeds less and less by the day, there are just too many and in the wrong hands all to often.

R.I.P Mika, you never deserved what happened to you, I hope the owners of the dogs feels as much horror and pain as the owners of Mika did while watching him torn to bits!

well i'm sure most bull breeds would not hold a grudge with you for not liking them.

Well, I'm a little surprised by the woman (mother) to be honest..

I know she had kids and all that stuff, get them safe and all, but I don't understand how she couldn't make her kids AND the dog safe.. Such as get the dog to wherever they were protecting themselves. I could never sacrifice my dog like that.

I don't understand why she didn't get anything from the house, a kitchen knife.. a hoover.. anything and attack those dogs herself. If I had a dog trying to kill my dog I would grab a knife or anything and kill it. Even if that means bludgeoning the dog to death or scaring it off.

Sounds harsh, but I could not live with myself if my dog was defenceless in a cage whilst being attacked by two others. I couldn't sacrifice my friend and pet like that.

Was the two 'devil dogs' aggressive to people at all? She had children, so they perhaps went for them, but didn't say anything about adults.. And how did the dogs even get into her house? There's a lot of informative holes in this story which I for one would like to know the full case scenario.

Without knowing all the information it can only lead to one conclusion in people. Like leading words, this is a leading story looking to provoke one outcome and feelings in the readers.

The only answer to the question raised in the thread title is that some are fantastic pets and some are devil dogs, isn't it?

We've all got experiences of one or other or both.

why the hell do ppl refer to devil dogs a dangerous breeds. calling some breeds dangerous is saying others are not which is not true. a pom killed a child.jack russells have killed kids. the most prevelent bites seen in hospital is by labs and spaniels despite what the tabloids would have you believe.its the dangerous owners who arent training their dogs right we need to ban

I have two bull breeds. So far in 18 months one has been "beaten up" by two border terriers(seperate incidents) 2 yorkies at the same time and a jrt. He hasn't as much as opened his mouth to yawn.

Deed not breed.