'Fantastic Pets' or devil dogs?

I would love to know what has happened with saffie's they used to be a much more even temperament than some are today, its like the old type staffi dog has actually vanished :(. To me the only way to get this dog back to its original breed standard is to ban them from being bread for a short time.

any proposals are welcome :|

Well said Lotti - maybe these points have more credibility coming from someone who doesn't own one and therefore can't be said to be being defensive...

Only problem I've encountered with staffies is them getting in the way when they want a belly rub, what a nuisance!

My dog has been attacked by some sort of wolfish/akita looking thing though, not pleasant :(

Oh once a rotty pushed my dog over into the reservoir/mud, but that was an accident while playing and she was fine once she got over her drama queen episode (and had a bath).

Only problem I've encountered with staffies is them getting in the way when they want a belly rub, what a nuisance!

My dog has been attacked by some sort of wolfish/akita looking thing though, not pleasant :(

Oh once a rotty pushed my dog over into the reservoir/mud, but that was an accident while playing and she was fine once she got over her drama queen episode (and had a bath).

:hihi: and when you have treats they want

yes people set their dog on your dog...people who shouldnt have dogs. dogs dont come with moral compasses, its not like they think oh i mustnt do that its wrong. their owner wants them to do something , they do it.. in a dogs eyes their human is god afterall. and like i said before pitbull is a type not a breed so you dont know what other breeds that dog was made up of so its unfair to try and label a breed.

i do know this im not stupid so dont treat me like i am

like i said i am not lableing the breed

i am just stateing what attacked my guide dog & if you call that lableing then

you are being pathetic :roll: am i not alowed to say what dog attacked my guide dog now :huh:

i do know this im not stupid so dont treat me like i am

like i said i am not lableing the breed

i am just stateing what attacked my guide dog & if you call that lableing then

you are being pathetic :roll: am i not alowed to say what dog attacked my guide dog now :huh:

your not listening...the dog that attacked your dog isnt a BREED. it was a pitbull type, a cross. pittbull is a TYPE.

now with respect fabcakes, i have both owned a bullbreed dog for a number of years and studyed information regarding bite stats, temperement statistics and studied The Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 section one and its 1997 Amendment in detail. I took part in the recent consultation by DEFRA, and read the lengthy responses. I have discussed this in detail with other bullbreed owners. I have friends with bullbreeds and when my current dog sadly leaves me i plan on getting another one. I fully understand their weaknesses regarding other dogs and that they need a firm hand.

so excuse me if i credit myself with a little more knowledge on bullbreeds then you.

I express again my sympathies to your guide dog being injured, and i hope the people in question got the book thrown at them, as all these crappy status owners need doing.

I know you think im blinkered...im not, i know exactly how stubborn they are , how dog agressive they can be ,but then i have owned one for 14 years.

and just to show i do get where your coming from as a kid , two of my beloved rabbits were taken and killed by a labrador. I didnt hate the dog , i hated the no good owner who let him free roam.

i hope to god some owner legislation is brought in soon, everyday idiots are ruining dogs left right and centre

your not listening...the dog that attacked your dog isnt a BREED. it was a pitbull type, a cross. pittbull is a TYPE.

now with respect fabcakes, i have both owned a bullbreed dog for a number of years and studyed information regarding bite stats, temperement statistics and studied The Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 section one and its 1997 Amendment in detail. I took part in the recent consultation by DEFRA, and read the lengthy responses. I have discussed this in detail with other bullbreed owners. I have friends with bullbreeds and when my current dog sadly leaves me i plan on getting another one. I fully understand their weaknesses regarding other dogs and that they need a firm hand.

so excuse me if i credit myself with a little more knowledge on bullbreeds then you.

I express again my sympathies to your guide dog being injured, and i hope the people in question got the book thrown at them, as all these crappy status owners need doing.

I know you think im blinkered...im not, i know exactly how stubborn they are , how dog agressive they can be ,but then i have owned one for 14 years.

and just to show i do get where your coming from as a kid , two of my beloved rabbits were taken and killed by a labrador. I didnt hate the dog , i hated the no good owner who let him free roam.

i hope to god some owner legislation is brought in soon, everyday idiots are ruining dogs left right and centre

you know what they say about dogs and their owners.......

you have mentioned that a pitbull is a TYPE, but got hoity toity about American Pit Bulls. I am confuesed? :huh:

Anyhoo, I think that just because you know what you have read and you are an expert, la de dah, it doesn't give yo the right to be telling fabcakes she is wrong about what kind of dog attacked her. ever heard of splitting hairs?

you know what they say about dogs and their owners.......

you have mentioned that a pitbull is a TYPE, but got hoity toity about American Pit Bulls. I am confuesed? :huh:

Anyhoo, I think that just because you know what you have read and you are an expert, la de dah, it doesn't give yo the right to be telling fabcakes she is wrong about what kind of dog attacked her. ever heard of splitting hairs?

it makes a big difference.

"pit bull" is a term used in law for any dog fitting a certain set of characteristics

american pit bull terrier is an actual breed of dog

hence pitbull types giving american pit bull terriers a bad name. specially as theres very few if any american pit bull terriers in the country as they cannot be important any more. plenty of pitbull types though due to people crossing staffys with larger breeds.

another example would be poodles getting a bad name for "allthevarious"doodles biting. it would be unfair right, as it is a cross bringing down the name of breed.

its not mearly splitting hairs, its understanding the law. plus fabcakes said "this is the dog that attacked mine" and linked me to the pitbull page on wikipedia that has three different breeds of dog on it...

im not saying shes wrong that a pitbull attacked her dog...im saying shes wrong that pitbull is a breed

"pitbull type" refers to any x breed believe to have apbt in it. My sisters dog got attacked by a springer spanial today. The poor thing is scared to go outside now.

"pitbull type" refers to any x breed believe to have apbt in it. My sisters dog got attacked by a springer spanial today. The poor thing is scared to go outside now.

its not that exclusive im afraid :( dogs of certain height , weight and build can be classed as pitbulls :( KC registered staffs have been taken under section one , they dont care if the dog has any APBT in it, if it fits just over half of the checklist, its illegal and can be seized

your not listening...the dog that attacked your dog isnt a breed. It was a pitbull type, a cross. Pittbull is a type.

Now with respect fabcakes, i have both owned a bullbreed dog for a number of years and studyed information regarding bite stats, temperement statistics and studied the dangerous dogs act 1991 section one and its 1997 amendment in detail. I took part in the recent consultation by defra, and read the lengthy responses. I have discussed this in detail with other bullbreed owners. I have friends with bullbreeds and when my current dog sadly leaves me i plan on getting another one. I fully understand their weaknesses regarding other dogs and that they need a firm hand.

So excuse me if i credit myself with a little more knowledge on bullbreeds then you.

And just to show i do get where your coming from as a kid , two of my beloved rabbits were taken and killed by a labrador. I didnt hate the dog , i hated the no good owner who let him free roam.

I hope to god some owner legislation is brought in soon, everyday idiots are ruining dogs left right and centre

no actuley they got away with it & set the same dog on someone in a wheelchair who later tryed defending me so good on them eh

but at least you got all your facts right being as you seem to know so much you ovesly will never know what its like to have your mobilitey taken away from you & i hope you never do becourse i wouldent wish this on anyone evem my worst enimey