Ecclesfield - Aldi and national fast food chain plans

I love Aldi...I remember doing a big shop there shortly after it first opened its doors, the whole trolley full came to just over £7.00.

I think the food is good quality (have you tried those delish lamb shanks!?) just because the prices are low doesn't necessarily mean poor quality.

I also noticed that they now sell other branded items, which is good...although I'm not sure how the prices of these items compare to the other supermarkets.

What's even better is that if you only require a few items, you no longer have to struggle trying to balance your purchases in an empty box as they now have baskets.

Better still...I will no longer have to traipse over to Millhouses, as I will have one more or less on my doorstep! Yippee!

I love Aldi...I remember doing a big shop there shortly after it first opened its doors, the whole trolley full came to just over £7.00.

I think the food is good quality (have you tried those delish lamb shanks!?) just because the prices are low doesn't necessarily mean poor quality.

I also noticed that they now sell other branded items, which is good...although I'm not sure how the prices of these items compare to the other supermarkets.

What's even better is that if you only require a few items, you no longer have to struggle trying to balance your purchases in an empty box as they now have baskets.

Better still...I will no longer have to traipse over to Millhouses, as I will have one more or less on my doorstep! Yippee!

Wouldnt the one at Meadowhall retail park have been easier for you?

Wow! And there's me thinking this Aldi was a modern supermarket :wow:

Wouldnt the one at Meadowhall retail park have been easier for you?

In terms of distance it probably would, but in terms of traffic it's a pain, so I only tend to use that store if I'm paying an infrequent visit to meadowhall.

I do like Aldi though so I shall use it with more regularity now that it'll only be oop the road.

Wow! And there's me thinking this Aldi was a modern supermarket :wow:

I know...how extremely modern is that?! It took them a while but they got there eventually!

Not as good a Lidl tho, the last time I went to Lidl, I bought some pretend cornflakey things and a hand threading kit for BSP pipe, and still walked out with change from £20 :hihi:

Any word on when its opening yet

No, don't get rid of the boxes! :(

That's what makes shopping at Aldi so exciting! (that and narrowly avoiding getting killed by some speeding OAP desperately trying to park his car by the main entrance)

Aldi is all built

Yes but there's no sign oh it opening. Even on there web site there's not a mention of it

Aldi is all built

it might look finished from the outside,but it is still an empty shell inside,the shopfitters have just started work on it.

Do you know there's an ALDI on way into Rotherham which i find easy to get to from Chapeltown. Must be easier then going to Millhouses.

There's also one at meadowhall retail park but ecclesfield will be so much easier to get to should it ever open