Good running place in Sheffield?

Hi, I'm looking for a decent place to go running in Sheffield, but needs to fit some important requirements:

It needs to be somewhere a car can be parked for free.

It needs to be reasonably flat

Ideally about 3 mile circuit

Close to either city or Walkley

Somewhere out of the way where I'm not going to bump into chav united or the sheffield soljaz as they like to call themselves :loopy::hihi:

I've done damflask today which was a nice run but want something else similar as when I do the same track over and over I get bored of it, so looking for another one, maybe two tracks to alternate with.

Thanks....:thumbsup:

Hi, I'm looking for a decent place to go running in Sheffield, but needs to fit some important requirements:

It needs to be somewhere a car can be parked for free.

It needs to be reasonably flat

Ideally about 3 mile circuit

Close to either city or Walkley

Somewhere out of the way where I'm not going to bump into chav united or the sheffield soljaz as they like to call themselves :loopy::hihi:

I've done damflask today which was a nice run but want something else similar as when I do the same track over and over I get bored of it, so looking for another one, maybe two tracks to alternate with.

Thanks....:thumbsup:

You don't have a chance mate. Rother Valley park might be your best option. Just dodge the OAP's in Kia's knocking you over.

Why don t you do a few laps of Hillsborough Park, its got decent paths

Also Bingham Park - from entrance to Forge Dam - slight incline on the way out (so slightly downhill on way home!) Prob about 3.5 miles there & back. Pretty, paths and lots of nature rather than traffic. Enjoy!

There's a path all the way round treeton dyke at Woodhouse Mill or how about the canal towpath out to meadowhall and then back along the river.

Park up near the Travellers Pub on Halifax Road, just below the funeral directors. Run along Claywheels Lane and into Beeley Wood to Oughtibridge. Cross the river Don and run back towards Middlewood on the road. When you reach the Middlewood Tavern cross the river Don again onto Claywheels Lane and back to your car. The bit through the woods can be muddy in winter though.

Park your car outside the houses here just before Middlewood Tavern on Middlewood Road North and then head off either down the steps and through the woods to Oughtibridge or on the footpath across the road - you can run all the way to Deepcar (approximately 4.5 miles) and usually you don't mean anyone on route other than another runner.

Nearest to Walkley is the Rivelin Valley.

Park in the car park by the dam (just above the fire station).

Follow the nature trail as far as the "S" bend and return by Rivelin Valley Road.

If you are up for more of a challenge, the nature trail runs all the way up to the old post office. Return by Rivelin Valley Road.

Can't recommend a route but here's a nifty little tool that gives distances and tells you whether a route is flat.

http://gmap-pedometer.com/

G

Park on Ringinglow Road, at Thryft Lane just past the shops at Bents Green.

Along Thryft Lane, right through the first gate and follow the footpaths to the playing fields, diagonally over the fields, then left down the tack to Whirlow Farm, turn left past the farm along the road and first left along the footpaths over the fields to bring you back to Thryft Lane.