Christian couple broke the law by turning away gay couple.

If someone breaks the law by breaking into my house I wouldn't get damages awarded by the court...

You would be welcome to take the <REMOVED> to court in a civil action to seek damages.

It rarely happens because <REMOVED> are usually broke.

Edited by esme
unfamily friendly

What happened to "Management have the right to refuse admission"

The law trumps signs put up by management. Which is also the reason why publicans can't put up signs saying "Management allows smoking on these premises".

I wonder...I just wonder...what the reaction would be if it had been a gay couple who had refused access to their hotel because a person was wearing a Catholic cross round their neck?

I wonder...I just wonder...what the reaction would be if it had been a gay couple who had refused access to their hotel because a person was wearing a Catholic cross round their neck?

Or if the hotel owners refusing a gay couple were Muslims.

[...] This lack of empathy for others just goes to prove, in my opinion, that they are bigots first and Christians second.

Exactly so.

I'm glad this couple took them to court and I'm glad they won.

The gays are everywhere now! How can they be expected to expect the same treatment as normal folk? They'll be on TV next or in government or looking like normal people! I am appalled that these vile law breakers have been given this attention............Whats that you say? It isn't illegal? Oh and they are normal people! Oh well then I see nothing wrong with a loving couple wanting to stop in premises advertised as being for the purposes of people staying there.

Edited by Fishcake
spelling

What sort of a name is Hazelmary anyway.

What sort of a name is Hazelmary anyway.

Sounds like the closest they could get to Hail Mary to me. :smile:

I think I saw a 'gay' the other day. Covered in feathers, webbed feet and a huge yellow bill. . . . it was in the water at Endcliffe Park eating the bread people were throwing at it.

Later that night I saw two ducks <REMOVED> in the bushes.

Edited by esme
unfamily friendly

I think it would be pretty similar, why wouldn't it?

I bet they would have had no problem welcoming a butch, straight male like Alexander The Great, Cary Grant or Rock Hudson.

I think someone running a b&b should have the right to refuse entry to their home on any grounds. Partially because if they had let them stay they would do it begrudgingly.

I'd prefer to know whether or not Im staying at the home of someone that actively hates my beliefs rather than them having to hide their hatred for legal reasons!

If I had a b&b I wouldn't want overtly religious people staying! or smelly people or racist people.....in fact I probably wouldn't have any customers:hihi: