Christian couple broke the law by turning away gay couple.

You think that water companies should be able to refuse to provide their services to anyone for any reason?

they are not the same kind of company, there are different rules for different businesses, there are probably many legal differences between running a hotel and running a B&B. These probably came up in the case and the judge just decided one way, another judge could decide another way.

I am moving the hands around on my sausage clock.

As it is treating everyone equally, it wouldn't fall foul of anti discrimination laws.

Did she have an opinion on solo sex - or didn't you ask? :wink:

I wouldnt have dared. She had a fearsome frying pan/rolling pin combination for "drunkards and 'ooligans!" as someone found out when they rolled in at 3am reeking of beer. :)

As landladies go she was actually pretty good - decent food, decent price, a good common room and she let people alone most of the time. But go back thirty years and I bet she had a card that said "No dogs, ****, blacks or Irish" in the window....

You think that water companies should be able to refuse to provide their services to anyone for any reason?

Isn't beer about 95% water?

they are not the same kind of company, there are different rules for different businesses, there are probably many legal differences between running a hotel and running a B&B. These probably came up in the case and the judge just decided one way, another judge could decide another way.
I know that. It was a general comment in reply to a post about business generally.

And theres the grey area-it's both!

There is no grey area.

Read my post from page 2.

Other countries don't care about things like this!

Won't even let mixed couples in many hotels unless their married in some countries! (Never mind gay people!)

Oh we live in a great place!

I take it from that you agree with discriminting against people on grounds of their sexuality? :suspect:

John X

There is no grey area.

Read my post from page 2.

Im not sure that the use of the word hotel would legally make it a hotel rather than a B&B. There are probably legal definitions for these purposes.

I take it from that you agree with discriminting against people on grounds of their sexuality? :suspect:

John X

Read the rest of the thread! No!

Does it really read like that? :huh:

Other countries don't care about things like this!

Won't even let mixed couples in many hotels unless their married in some countries! (Never mind gay people!)

Oh we live in a great place!

In some countries people love segregation - women only carriages on trains and stuff like that.

In some countries people love segregation - women only carriages on trains and stuff like that.

We do live in a great place don't we!