Radio Sheffield

Originally posted by Tony

Good luck with it anyway... pro-plus is available at all leading chemists, or Phan might be able to recommend something stronger hehe. :thumbsup:

Provigil - aka modafinil

The Straight Site - http://www.provigil.com (although it is now available as a generic)

The 'underground' site - http://www.modafinil.com

By all accounts the best 'wake me up' available with none of the speedy effects of traditional stimulants, just a:

"memory-improving and mood-brightening psychostimulant. It enhances wakefulness and vigilance"

Keep us posted on the results.

Phan, you never cease to amaze. :thumbsup::)

Originally posted by Toby

I thought it was quite good

You can use that one in your set if you want.

Or even better perhaps we should send it in to Viz magazine.

;)

NM

Nicholarse should be booked into the Lescar for an open mic spot. I've heard he goes down a roaring success!

I'd love to but it'd clash with my show. Tsk - what a bugger.

;)

NM

Originally posted by max

Thought I'd try Radio Sheffield as it's a few years since I tried last. DJ was talking to someone in Grimsby about scooter parts in Grimsby. That's it, another 10 years before I try again.:rolleyes:

I agree Max. It is dull and dreadful.

Does anybody know what the new line up will be?

Has toby foster left the station?

I only caught the last ten minutes of todays show,so am a bit confused.

Toby's been promoted to breakfast - along with Antonia Brickell. They start together a week on Monday, with Everard heading up the news.

Rony's show moves to 10am to 1pm, Bernie Clifton gets his first regular slot from 1 'til 4 then Sarah Major does drivetime until football heaven as usual at 6.

Originally posted by arsenallad

Toby's been promoted to breakfast - along with Antonia Brickell. They start together a week on Monday, with Everard heading up the news.

Rony's show moves to 10am to 1pm, Bernie Clifton gets his first regular slot from 1 'til 4 then Sarah Major does drivetime until football heaven as usual at 6.

Really surprised that toby has taken the breakfast show,thought it would be a struggle what with all the late nights.

Originally posted by deano

Really surprised that toby has taken the breakfast show,thought it would be a struggle what with all the late nights.

Oh believe me, it will be a struggle!

It's an interesting ride working on BBC Local Radio.

When I first started, I took over from Cappo who had been one of the finest local radio broadcasters ever. I doubt that anyone could ever hope to match him for sheer "localness" and incredible empathy with the listener. When I first went on, the backlash was incredible, and in truth, sometimes a little hard to carry. However, we stuck with it and, over time, brought most people on board. Obviously we still get the odd complaint, but to be honest we pay them very little attention any more, as they are now so few and far between that you have to go with the majority.

Today was the last afternoon show, and I will admit that it felt odd to be packing in a show that is performing so well in the listening figures, and now feels like home. More than anything, I felt sorry for Jamie the producer who has worked so hard, put up with me being an arse sometimes, and still retains as amazing enthusiasm for broadcast. If the truth be told, I would have liked to have done another year on the afternoons, just to let it really fly. However, it didn't work out like that.

I'm looking forward to working with Antonia at breakfast, and I'm certain we'll bring people along with us. When I first started on Chuff there were letters written to The Home Secretary complaining about me. Today we had over 200 messages from people saying they'd miss us in the afternoons.

Now who will agree to give me a knock at five every morning?

Guest Ant

Radio Sheffield is going through some sort of identity crisis, I'm sure.

First it dumps it's greatest presenter - ****-artist he may well have been, but it only added to Capstick's cred. It was laughable listening to wannabe presenters producing his shows making snide comments about him every time he failed to turn in due to yet another hangover. But even on an off day suffering a splitting headache due to a night on the tiles, trying to fend off David Markwell screaming in his ear trying to turn the show into a Timmy Mallett Whackaday Funfest, he still was still miles better than the rest of the garbage the station had to offer.

Rony's phone-in is unintentionally hillarious. How many more times can the poor bugger sit and take another call from a sad old fart complaining that his bin wasn't collected? About time he was shunted off to Saga FM. With Everard. And his spitefull comments about Cappo immediately after his death were appalling.

Antonia was brought in after Tony left for the Women's Hour listeners. Which is fine, but a bit dated thinking that Women need a special slot (oo-er, missus) to cover - well, women's things.

And what is it with that Bernard fella? It seems that having a northern accent and forging a career by prancing about with a synthetic ostridge between his thighs impressed some berk enough at Radio Sheffield to headhunt him (suggest an axe next time) from a probable panto in Mablethorpe.

After Cappo was dumped, there was sod-all left to listen to at the station. I listened to Toby Foster more out of grudging morbid curiosity for the first show, wondering which circus freak they'd pulled in off the streets as replacement. I'd have loved to say he's crap just out of loyalty to Cappo, but I ended up listening to his show every day at work - he's a dude. But what does it say about a station that employs Toby Foster at the same time as Bernie Bleedin' Clifton? Struck lucky, that's my view. And not with Bernie Bleedin' Clifton.

Oooh, i'll certainly be listening in when/if im up at that time in the morning..

"kommen sie bitter unt listen.. to kraftwerk!"

If you get that on the show Toby you'll be the greatest man in radio :lol: