Cat Mess On The Garden

There are loads of things on the market you can get to deter cats which don't involve chemicals.

Good luck though, cats are a funny breed and tend to take a dump whenever nd wherever it suits them!

There are loads of things on the market you can get to deter cats which don't involve chemicals.

Good luck though, cats are a funny breed and tend to take a dump whenever nd wherever it suits them!

Bit like a man then :hihi:

Hasn't this thread been done like a thousands times?

It has and it is nonsense because cats bury their faeces. They are in fact very clean animals.

The last time it was on some moron was boasting that he threw stones at cats and even worse taught his children to do the same.

Edited by Keith Rich

It has and it is nonsense because cats bury their faeces. They are in fact very clean animals.

The last time it was on some moron was boasting that he threw stones at cats and even worse taught his children to do the same.

It's pointless saying that, it's been said before, and as the OP has said they have seen it, and I have also seen cats 'curl one out' on a lawn without digging and burying it.

I have equally seen cats bury their mess.

So whilst cats are generally very cleans animals and bury it, some don't.

Quite simple.

Ripped loads of concrete up last year and lawned the garden with view of daughter playing on it this year, its nice etc etc but not huge....

Problem is neighbours cat is messing on the grass none stop.....

Have a dog myself that has its own fenced off run to keep its mess off the garden etc etc.....

What can I do ? I dont want to use chemicals because of dog and child

So this lawn area has no borders of soil. I find it difficult to beleive that a cat will poo on your lawn and not try to bury it.

Our cats will go out in the snow and dig down to the earth to cover their poo.

We have foxes up here and they will go out of their way to conceal their discharge.

The cat in question must be well fed to perform it's actions "none stop".

Have you spoke with your neighbour about your problem, if what you say is correct I would not watch it out of the window I would be out and discuraging the cat. Your account of the situation does not register with me

"Difficult to believe" or not cats can and do poo on lawns and not try to bury it.

If you actually see the cat when it's pooping, try getting a water pistol and giving it a quick squirt! It won't hurt the cat, but might act as a deterrent.

I had success with some stuff called Lion's Roar - it's pellets of lion poop (but it doesn't smell to humans), which you scatter on your lawn. The idea is that the smell of a big cat puts off the other cats. I got it from a garden centre.

Does your neighbour know you have the problem?

Just asking, because the cat owner could tip a bag of soft sand or soft soil and grit into an area of their garden as a 'cat loo'. You have to put a bit of poop in it to encourage them to go there.

Bucket it up and give it the neighbour back.

Bucket it up and give it the neighbour back.

The cat?

Hasn't this thread been done like a thousands times?

It sure has, and as every cat owner will contest....only the sunshine comes out of a cats bottom.

I have owned cats, and do like them in general but I agree that they do poop when ever and where ever they want (even in the house lol) some cats do go out of their way to clean up, even in the litter box but some cats don't at all. Not sure why.

Cat poo in the garden is gross, and if you do not own the things then you should not have to put up with it. During hot summers, the smell is fkin horrid.

What I would suggest is to got one of those anti cat devises that emit a sound that will keep them well away from your garden. Although I am not sure if they effect dogs, so make sure you read all info on them first.

You could have a word with the neighbor, but it could well turn into a slanging match, and you don't want to be at war with them. Or if you don't mind a war with them (lol) then scoop up the cat poo, bag it up and put it in their letter box and make sure you label it "this is from your cat"

I too have a local crazy cat lady, she has (counting so far) nine cats and four dogs. And I'll not get into how the barking drives me crazy during summer.....

And to end, I have found with most cat owners and dog owners will defend their pets honor even if their pet has done wrongs, and indeed will get all angry like with cat owners claiming cats are all clean, and dog owners claiming they all clean up after their dogs have fowled all over the side walk. No getting away from these.... individuals really.