Alone for christmas/new year

WOW I can see conversation now. FRIGHTENIN!!!

Maybe there not selfish my dear..maybe just maybe its u :)

Why is she selfish, i can't see anything selfish about what she has put, she was just explaining herself, there is no need to be harsh.

SUGARPLUMKIN,

I think you'd get a better reaction if you were inviting us all (well a select few) round to you or your mate's house / flat.

If taxi's are too expensive on xmas day, get the bus the night before and crash on the floor. Get some cheap xmas decorations up. ask people to bring something towards the meal or a bottle or whatever and have a ball.

Sure it will be a bit more tempting that "can me and my mate come to yours for our xmas dinner, by the way, you'll have to act as our taxi service too, as we're not prepared to pay anything".

Hope you get it sorted.

The trick is to get as drunk as possible and stay out as late as possible on Christmas eve, then you can sleep through Christmas day. ;)

GREAT IDEA! come and join me on the karaoke at the arbourthorne on errington road.

i will be on til 3 AM on xmas eve and one or two other nights.

should be fun!

it gets light at 6 am.

karaoke sounds nice, where is this street anyway?

I know where it is :)

Are you alone this Christmas &/or new year?

So am I

Im Lisa, aged 33, single, no kids, lives in woodseats sheffield.\

I also know a single man aged 58, lives near lidl on Prince of wales road.

If any one is on their own too or is kind enough to pick us up an invite us for christmas day or boxing day at your house, then we would be soooooooooooo greatful.

We would be willing to pay for the food & petrol.

Kind regards

xxx

What about work colleagues? Do you do any activities - local hobby clubs, sports clubs etc?

Sounds like you've had a hard life and fallen out with some people on the way, but you need to be pro-active in meeting people. Go to Church, join a club, volunteer at a community centre.

You need to strike friendship first before even considering coming round for dinner.

As someone said St Chads is near you - go to the Christmas day service. Whilst you there ask about volunteering on coffee mornings and other projects they have.

maybe you could do a "COME DINE CHRISTMAS DINNER WITH ME"? Be careful who you are meeting though & who you let into your home .....

Are you alone this Christmas &/or new year?

So am I

Im Lisa, aged 33, single, no kids, lives in woodseats sheffield.\

I also know a single man aged 58, lives near lidl on Prince of wales road.

If any one is on their own too or is kind enough to pick us up an invite us for christmas day or boxing day at your house, then we would be soooooooooooo greatful.

We would be willing to pay for the food & petrol.

Kind regards

xxx

i would offer hun im sure it would be fun meeting new people :)

unfortunetley it looks like we are not going to be having a great xmas ourselfs.. half of our pressies havent been delivered and i havent any money to buy again... im sure you wouldnt want to spend xmas with 2 boys without any pressies to open xmas morning..... no really, trust me you wont.

im on the verge of cancelling xmas this year its been a disaster from the start, i hope you find somewhere though and have fun! xx

Have not read all of this thread, personally I will be spending the festivities alone but thats my choice and I cant wait. I blitzed the flat last week so everything is nice, clean and tidy (even the dogs!!!!) so all I have to do is....................nowt!!!!!!