Sw.anky Franks American Diner - Woodseats

sorry for delay , tbh we eat out alot , when we arrived the staff were really friendly, the decor was fab id already read quite a few bad reports but like to decide for myself. I dont think the restaurant needs any bad publicity we had gud service the food was ok and the prices are gud. We did visit uncle sams last week and were very disappointed we googled it and it said it shut at 10.30 we got there at 9.40 and the doors were getting locked once we was in and to be frank we were felt rushed and the food was poor, The best american style burger joint we like and return to often is Yankees. But i will defo return to s****y franks in the near future

sorry for delay , tbh we eat out alot , when we arrived the staff were really friendly, the decor was fab id already read quite a few bad reports but like to decide for myself. I dont think the restaurant needs any bad publicity we had gud service the food was ok and the prices are gud. We did visit uncle sams last week and were very disappointed we googled it and it said it shut at 10.30 we got there at 9.40 and the doors were getting locked once we was in and to be frank we were felt rushed and the food was poor, The best american style burger joint we like and return to often is Yankees. But i will defo return to s****y franks in the near future

lol at the auto filter!

Visited last week. Food was good. I would have preferred it to be served on a proper plate rather than what looked similar to a wooden sink / chopping board. For some reason the staff were unable to serve half a beer and lime. It seems a half pint is not an acceptable measure of drink there.

We ate here for the first time recently and were not impressed at all. Even though the place was only half full, the food took forever to come and was pretty ordinary when it did arrive.

The fries were frozen and small portions, the coleslaw was miniscule and the burgers were nothing special. They also charged £1.20 for a soda water which I think is a complete rip-off.

The staff seemed very friendly but we won't go back as the food was unimpressive.

It's got a very good review in Active8 magazine.

Oops, scrub that. It's got a very good advert in Active8 magazine. It annoys me that they make out it's a review when it's obvious it's been paid for.

It's got a very good review in Active8 magazine.

Oops, scrub that. It's got a very good advert in Active8 magazine. It annoys me that they make out it's a review when it's obvious it's been paid for.

Yep, that advert is somewhat misleading... :)

It manages to recreate the American diner experience in that that the food is absolutely disgusting.

The burger I had was dry and rubbery and tasted stomach churningly foul. As it was described as 'gourmet, I was expecting it to be made of fresh mince, expecting it to be edible at least. It wasn't just that it was badly cooked, it was like a big version of one of those hoof and eyelid economy ones that you can buy in bulk from frozen food shops. The bun was dry and slightly sweet and the bacon was like greasy leather. The sauce was like a melted cheese slice and smelled as if it had been scraped out of a nappy. The fries were like slightly warm dried twigs and for some reason it was all served on a breadboard.

People might go expecting an up-market version of McDonalds but the food is even worse than anything sold there. Even the layout and decor are bad. The only good thing I can say about it is the people who work there are pleasant and welcoming.

It seems to be popular, I can only assume it's because the portions are big, people are conditioned to expect processed food and because Americanism itself is considered to be seductive.

Edited by gularscute

Went last night and I have to say it was good, I opted for pizza, and it not being an italian restaurant I didn't think it would be up to much but it was very good. My husband had the chilli burger and commented on how good it was, and my son had the cheese burger again he said it was nice. I have now been here 3 times and every time the food , whilst not fantastic, is much better than Uncle Sams.

Gularscute obviously did not enjoy it as much as we did, and others in there were heard saying how nice their food had been.

My husband said it is the best burger in sheffield the kids loved it and I really enjoyed it to, lovely staff and we will be going back again.

i'm going again tonight but as I have been drinking rather heavily since lunchtime I no doubt will have a lovely time.When in the past I have visited a restaurant in this condition I have a tendency to speak very loudly and steal food from the plates of my dining companions, this can often elicit harsh words from my wife which in turn can occasionally cause me to accuse her of being somewhat of a killjoy, at worst this situation can then easily escalate to a full blown confrontation, whereas usually it creates little more than a tense atmosphere of simmering hostility, if you're there tonight look out for us.

I think I was dining in Franks on that occasion.

I must say Beef, you looked like a chap that can hold his drink to me.

The young lad that was with you though, I thought he was a bit like Hugh to me.

All the best

NakatomiNick

I think I was dining in Franks on that occasion.

I must say Beef, you looked like a chap that can hold his drink to me.

The young lad that was with you though, I thought he was a bit like Hugh to me.

All the best

NakatomiNick

Thanks for the encouragement NakatomiNick. Unfortunately a similar set of circumstances caused quite a stir in 'Marcos' last friday. Due to the 'intimacy' on the setting my behaviour became highly conspicuous, drawing the attention of the other diners. A middle aged lady sat with her husband complained to the waiting staff re my language, I then proceeded to accidentally spill half a caraffe of 'house red' over my daughters lap before regaling all present with jokes about italian tanks (y'know reverse gears etc). I can't remember being asked to leave or indeed being threatened with the police but my wife, who has hardly spoke to me since! has suggested i seek professional help.

Edited by beefface
missed word