Sign in to follow this  

Nick Margerrison on Hallam FM

How dare you call men "luv"? Are you some kind of homo sapien? If you want hassle about "dumbing down", talk to me......

My life's full of it.

Heyup Nick.

Love

Toby

Luv

Blimey! It's full of luvvies in here. Anyone fancy running for Guv'nor?

One thing I have noticed recently is that the show's got a lot better regarding Nick drowning everyone else out. The callers now have their views better regarded, and few people seem to phone in nowadays to complain about Nick not giving callers a fair 'crack of the whip'...

I've got a topic. With Christmas approaching, are we spoiling our children too much?

:mad: [..edited..] so what if calls people love. Lots of people say it both men and woman to people of the same sex as them. Oh and Nick does let people have there say. I bet half of you don't actually listen to whats been said and get the wrong end of the stick like some of his callers sometimes do. And if you don't like what he says its tough, he did say at the very start of the show when he started doing it that he wasn't gonna pussy foot around and was gonna be totally honest about his opinions on the issues.....so you were warned.....

Put it this way.....would you listen to a show where the DJ agrees with everything his or her callers said, never said anything cos they thought listeners wouldnt like it......er no i don't think you would cos it'd be crap and boring. The fact that Nick doesn't do this makes the show great and interesting .... also in my opionion i think Nick talks alot of sense but you lot are too thick to realise it. All you lot can say is 'well he dont let people say there opinon' well thats bull crap he does. I wish you'd all stop being such an ass and give the man some credit. Cos it takes guts to be able to just say what you really think on the radio and not bother pussy footing around things cos people might not like it. S**t happens and life aint a bed of roses so get over it.

Love, HallamFmFan xxxxxxxxx

P.S Nick keep up the good work. :clap:

(Edited by geoff - refrian from personal insults)

Originally posted by t020

I agree. The shows a good idea in theory, and the way you speak your own mind (allegedly) is also good as it provokes callers. What I can't stand however is when you shout over callers until they agree with you - let them have their say, accept their opinion, and then move on to the next caller. Also, give less airtime to the, shall we say, less articulate callers that ring in - let them make their opinion heard but don't bother wasting airtime trying to debate with people who have lower IQs than Hallam FM's FM frequency.

So just because some callers are not as interlectual as others they can't be given equal airtime.

They have every right for the same air time as they have taken time to listen to all the other callers opinions whatever they are and taken time to phone and contribute to the show as have the rest of them.

Next you will be saying give less air time to black callers than white, that is no different to your bias opinion.

JAMES WHALE

These shows are nothing new, James Whale was doing the same thing on Radio Aire twenty years ago and he two could be abrubt.

The best thing is to take it as a form of entertainment when he cuts you off, i,m sure he does not mean it personally as he does not know you and i,m sure he really is a good guy off the air, he has to be or someone will lay him out if he spoke like that in person.

Originally posted by The Cycleracer

So just because some callers are not as interlectual as others they can't be given equal airtime.

They have every right for the same air time as they have taken time to listen to all the other callers opinions whatever they are and taken time to phone and contribute to the show as have the rest of them.

Next you will be saying give less air time to black callers than white, that is no different to your bias opinion.

JAMES WHALE

These shows are nothing new, James Whale was doing the same thing on Radio Aire twenty years ago and he two could be abrubt.

The best thing is to take it as a form of entertainment when he cuts you off, i,m sure he does not mean it personally as he does not know you and i,m sure he really is a good guy off the air, he has to be or someone will lay him out if he spoke like that in person.

People with lower intellects cannot hold a debate. I stated that they should be allowed to make their opinions heard, but it is not worth Nick trying to debate with people who are quite clearly thick.

Hmm. I'm not listening to the show at the moment, I've got a German essay that's more important (but not as important as posting here I guess :D) but I'm afraid I definitely heard Nick cut someone off then, I think it was the first caller. Oh well. About todays topics... well, I'm not too sure about the pregnancy exams thing, I wasn't when it was brought up a couple of weeks ago. The reason is this:

If someone failed their GCSEs and were denied the right to have kids, but then re-sat the exams, passed the second time and were then given the right, what has changed in the person? Not much. All that's different is that now they can count to 10, or know the French for "Hello". They may even have just got lucky. Their parenting skills are unaffected, they're still going to be as crap at bringing up kids as they were 6 months before when they failed their exams first time round!

I may have to phone in one of these days, I'm busy tonight though...

One of our chatroom users was on the show tonight!

Originally posted by Sidla

One of our chatroom users was on the show tonight!

...at least one ;)...

Yeah Phan is on now, trying to ask Nick some GCSE questions, so tune in to Hallam FM now... :D

First question: The order of the planets (Nick got it right)

Second question: Probability question about burnt food, I have no idea what it was or the answer(!) but neither did Nick, so that's ok :P

Third question: 3 ways of detecting radioactivity - Nick didn't get it, although I expect most people wouldn't.

Good stuff!

thats one out of 3 (as the mark scheme says, all 3 right on the last one for a mark) which isnt half as nick said (its a third)

how do you explain that :lol: